Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Early Spring Redfish/MosquitoLagoon Orlando DaytonaBch NewSmyrna
[font "Times New Roman"]We are having an early Spring 2013 here on Mosquito Lagoon Florida. February’s water temperatures have been mostly in the mid to upper 60’s, with a few colder days mixed in. Spring things happening early include Manatee sightings, and Jack Crevalle, Ladyfish, and Mullet coming up from the south. With the water still cool, most of the Redfish are still in schools, but many are broken up into smaller groups on the warmer days. Live finger mullet have been one of my best baits when available, also live shrimp, soft plastic DOA shrimp, jerk baits, and CAL jigs. Local clients Rick, son Ethan, and friend Mike had a great morning recently with small schools of Reds running along a beautiful Palm Tree lined shoreline with mirror like water, they caught and released 6 Reds up to the 29”er caught by young Ethan.[/font]
[font "Times New Roman"][/font]
[inline "March 2013 EthanRed.jpg"]
[font "Times New Roman"] [/font]
[font "Times New Roman"]And a happy Mike with his 28” Redfish caught on a finger mullet from the small schools we could see cruising along this great “Old Florida” shoreline.[/font]
[inline "March 2013 RedMike.jpg"]
[font "Times New Roman"]Backcountry mixed bag trips have also been great action with the early return of Jacks and Lady’s joining Seatrout, Sheepshead, Bluefish, a few Black Drum, and other saltwater fish, catching at least 10 or so species of saltwater fish on most mixed trips. Very fun easy fishing with light tackle and live shrimp baits. Wildlife viewing is constant all around our area, with Dolphins up close and personal and great bird life on every trip out. Here is Dave with a nice Trout while he and son Doug did an Edgewater mixed bag trip with me a couple weeks ago. [/font]
[inline "March 2013 Dave EdgeTrout.jpg"]

[font "Times New Roman"]Quality size Seatrout also love the pristine grass flats of Mosquito Lagoon. Catching a couple of them not uncommon while hunting Redfish on the flats here in the National Park Refuge waters of the Lagoon.[/font]
[inline "March 2013 Trout.jpg"]

[font "Times New Roman"]MY BOAT COMFORTABLY ACCOMMODATES 1 TO 4 ANGLERS[/font]
[font "Times New Roman"]Located close to DAYTONA BEACH, NEW SMYRNA BEACH, ORLANDO, KISSIMMEE, DISNEY WORLD, SPACE COAST, COCOA BEACH, EAST CENTRAL FLORIDA. Saltwater Inshore Fishing. Feel free to contact me at any time with questions you may have about my fishing charters. Mosquito Lagoon Fishing Guide. Flats Sight Fishing, Also Eco-Tours, Sightseeing, Bird Watching, Photography Trips.[/font]

[font "Times New Roman"]CALM WATER INSHORE SALTWATER FISHING – NO SEA SICKNESS [/font]
[font "Times New Roman"]CALL ME ANYTIME AT 386-689-3781[/font]
[font "Times New Roman"]CHILDREN ALWAYS WELCOME – FAIR PRICES[/font]
[font "Times New Roman"]Capt. Michael Savedow[/font]
[font "Times New Roman"]Edgewater River Guide, Inc.
386-689-3781
email> EdgewaterRiverGuide@cfl.rr.com[/font]
[font "Times New Roman"]Website> http://EdgewaterRiverGuide.com[/font]
[signature]