Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
As the ice GOOOOO'S
Is it spring YET???
With this rain and warmer temps other then Utah lake or Willard what lakes will be ice free next??

And how long will it take??
[signature]
I don't know what lakes will be first but I wish they would hurry up and melt. I am so ready for spring so I can break the boat out. [Smile]
[signature]
Agreed. I can't wait to get back out there.
[signature]
Me and the dog did a little recon mission last weekend. Gates of Willard are wide open. Should be soon [cool]
[signature]
Been to Powell and Sand but now I want the ice to go so we can get to some real fishing..
[signature]
I was ready for nice weather/ice free lakes since December! But I don't feel like good fishing hits until the weather evens out a little bit around May.
[signature]
I think Deer Creek is gonna go fast if this warm weather keeps up.
[signature]
Hey, at least you got to catch some fish at Sand Hollow! I noticed on my calendar that I made a run in my boat on Utah Lake last March 8. That doesn't help us this year. I'm about ready to run to Powell if it begins to turn on even a little....
[signature]
I'm really hoping to hit Yuba on March 23rd... I need to get the boat out before Lake Powell the following weekend.
[signature]
i have been itching to get on soft water also, but not enough to want the ice gone for another month we never get ice loke this..... utah lake has up to 36" in spots and starvation has 36"- 38" of ice im hoping deer creek opens up but the rest stay froze for a while!!
[signature]
Cliff -- keep an eye on Utah lake for me, will you? I've got my boat sitting in SLC just waiting for some open water to take it for a spin...

....gotta get that done so I can head to Powell...
[signature]
By may you will be fishing used water and catching fish I have put my hook marks in..[Wink]
[signature]
By the middle of this month last year I put my boat on Deer creek and fished alone the ice edge..
[signature]
Powell is fishing great for striper now and the crappy as well..
[signature]
You bet, but it has open water now at the mouth of the river..
[signature]
UL has open water for a couple hundred yards at the old private Saratoga Resort launch.
My money is on March 15th or 16th to dunk a boat and hit WOT!
[signature]