Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fishing License
A little reminder... You need a new one. Your annual license expired Feb 28th.

Wish someone else would of posted this last week...

As we were tooling around on the lake Saturday with a few Stripers in the livewell I noticed the rangers out and about checking people. No biggie been checked a ton of times on the water. Then I think about it for a second and grab my wallet.... Yup, both of our licenses expired 4 days earlier. DOH.

Dumped Stripers into the lake (all 100% alive and kicking), emptied the livewell, put everything away and headed back to the ramp. Sure as heck this would of been the time one of us caught a record fish or something like that. Betting, hoping, they were warning people but wasn't taking any chances. Earliest we have ever been off the water.

(Last year I went to get a new one on January 1st and realized I had 2 more months after I got to the store. One of these years I will get this right in my head!)
[signature]
Good reminder. I doubt they would give any warnings, as those fines are probably a huge source of revenue for the department. I bet the first weekend in March is the big money maker of the year!
[signature]
Erawk and I went out to Mead yesterday and got checked. They were super polite, and sent us on our way once we showed our licenses and life jackets.

After they checked us, they headed over to the Hemminway fishing pier, and I assume they wrote some tickets, 'cause they were over there for at least 20 minutes.

I got a good pic of Erawk with a nice pre-spawn female, but Ill leave it up to him to post it...
[signature]
Hooked that up last week , now time to Hook some Fish . i was however stopped by the Game Warden a few weeks ago informing me i had to have an "AIS" sticker on my kayak , only $5.00 , so since i had to get that sticker i got the fish license renewed as well , and i happen to be off the next two days.....hmmmm.
[signature]
Yeah, I had never been checked for a license in my entire life fishing Nevada and got checked two trips in a row. The MEAD guys were much more pleasant than the Mohave guys, that is for sure. I'd post that photo but I need to edit out my nips first, lmao.
[signature]