Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Clear Cure Goo
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#008000][size 3]Haven't been tying for a while as other things have peeked my interests. Anyhow had a special desk made just for tying. It has several drawers of which two are compartmentalized to hold all the small tying stuff. It certainly has helped me get organized. Actually I wanted to mention if someone hasn't already done so, and [size 3]t[/size]hat is I picked up a Clear Cure Goo light. It really cures their cement in just a few seconds. The attached [size 3]picture illustrates how the brush on cement stays where you want it and cures it the way [size 3]you like.

[/size][/size][/size][/#008000][/font]

[signature]
Very nice bug! I would also love to see a picture of your new tying station.
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#008000][size 3][Image: happy.gif][/size][/#008000][/font][font "Comic Sans MS"][#008000][size 3]hanks PC. Here's a pix of my tying desk. It matches my built in desk and cabinets that I had installed when I first moved in. Don't think that I will ever use all the flies that I tie, but it's fun doing so. I like to be creative or take liberties when tying known patterns. Surprisingly enough I had flies that I considered garbage that actually caught fish. If it looks like food that's all that matters.[/size][/#008000][/font]
[signature]
Wow, nice! I like your set up. How do you keep it so clean and tidy?

Whereever I tie it is a jumbled mess in 10 minutes. I think I must be related to a pack rat! [laugh]
[signature]
Me too C. I will admit, I am getting better.
[signature]
[#008000][size 3][Image: happy.gif]This really doesn't look like an insect, but maybe it might catch the attention of a passing fish. It is easy to make. I used a Daiichi # 1130, 18 size 1X fine scud hook, # 8/0 white Uni-thread, one white bead and three red beads. Coated it with Clear Cure Goo.[/size][/#008000]
[signature]
Sounds interesting. Picture?
[signature]
Heck I think even I could do that bug without messing it up.. :-)...
[signature]
nice setup migo... did you go back to using that vise???
[signature]
... and silver tinsel???
[signature]
[ul][li][blush][font "Comic Sans MS"][#008000][size 3]Woops - lets try this again. Yea Mac I like working with my Nor-Vice.[/size][/#008000][/font][/li][li][font "Comic Sans MS"][#008000][size 3]
[/size][/#008000][/font]
[/li][/ul]
[signature]
CP...

just below the BFT logo on DR's posts there is a link to pictures of his new setup and the fly he is talking about...
[signature]
whats the details on this scud you tied amigo.. [Smile]
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#008000][size 3]Hey Mac as mentioned above it is real simple.
I used a Daiichi # 1130, 18 size 1X fine scud hook, # 8/0 white Uni-thread, one white bead and three red beads. Coated it with Clear Cure G[size 3]oo. Unfortunately when I order the Clear Cure Goo I neglected to specify "tack free" [size 3]Goo. Although it cures in about 7 to 10 seconds to cu[size 3]re with the light, [/size]it stays a bit tacky. Heck maybe t[size 3]he[/size] fish might have a problem[size 3] throwing the hook. lol[/size][/size][/size][/size][/#008000][/font]

[signature]
DR not trying to belabor the point but you say three red beads yet the scud comes out green.. thats where I am getting Confused.. :-)
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#008000][size 3]Hi mac - open the following a couple of posts up: Goo Bug.jpg[/size][/#008000][/font]
[signature]
Never mind....
[signature]