Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How can I use these?
Hi guys, I'm new here so hopefully this is in the right section (wow, there's so many!).

To get right to the point, the other weekend I was at a local hunting and fishing show, and picked up a couple of lures, and was wondering if someone could tell me what type of water they are normally used in, and whats types of fish they usually catch. Here they are (lighter for size comparison):

[Image: 20qm174.jpg]
The one on the left is labeled "Sand Eel", the one on the right "Chartreuse". They weigh a whopping 2.9 oz each.

I live in the Hudson Valley area of New York (right on the New Jersey border), and bought them because I thought they looked decent enough, and had some good weight to them. So the next time I would go to the Hudson River, I would have something to throw a nice cast out with.

Any input is appreciated. Thanks in advance. [Smile]
Jigs like theses you bounce off the bottom for stripers. Good Luck
[signature]
Bouncing them off the bottom is not the only way to fish them. Depending on depth of water structure and cover temperature and water clarity. If you have a good fish finder the weight will get you to the right place faster also current of water find the fish check your water colors and type of fish you're after. Jigging it at a variety of different waysslow to respond to stricks the fish will tell you how they like it also adding pork baits to trailers add. Flash to. Live bait fish movement is importan . Keep on the fish and keep a extra rod with a new look to the bait as if you get a short strike change rods and put it in the same place as the first time and I usually catch the fish with a new bait. Also different types of lines will change the way your lure moves mono, braided and flourocarbon line will give you a new weapon in your fishing arsenal each have a different way they work. I use the line compared to the fish i am target and used the smallest diameter of the same poundage i can find better lure moves on a smaller line. You have new power lines that are 20pound test at 2pound diameter.
[signature]
Those look like spro prime bucktail jigs. Infact, I'm certain they are, because I use them almost exclusively in the ocean for grouper and BSB. great jigs, and they "flutter" on the way down. I use them naked and tipped with live bait.

If you don't want them, I'll take them. I'll send you my address. One of the best jigs ever made.
[signature]