Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Powell
I got to Powell at about 12: and was wanting to get on the water as soon as I could..

The lake looked like glass and that big light in the sky with all blue all around, and all that open water with the only ice was in the drinks..

I headed down lake to Ice berg to look around but could not find or see any bass with the water so clear you could see 15'to 20' deep.. Heading back up lake I hit the other canyons with about the same out come..

By about 7:pm I made it to Goodhope bay for the night.. The next morning I got up to the sounds of fish jumping and was catching bass (lm bass) but they was only 11 to 12 1/2" at best..
Sleeping on the front of my boat was fun and the yodel dogs would wake me up at times..
Day 2: Other then the few bass at first light the fishing was slow till about 10:00 am on and in very few spots..

I had my battery check and was told they looked good but they did not last and by the end of the day I had to re-charge, I had hoped they would last till Wednesday but didn't..
The fishing was slow with only getting 5 to 10 fish per day, but the great warm days made up for the slow fishing.. The tournament started on Friday so I only had one more day to locate the spots I planed to fish, I wanted to check out Halls creek but my shift cable broke and all I could do was reverse so I was trying to limp back to Bull frog in reverse, after covering about 1/3 to 1/2 the distance I got a tow in the rest of the way..
After hitting all the repair shops I found the cables and then took them to the only place that could put them in that day..It was after 5:30 by the time they was in so I could not try them till the next morning..

The day one of the tournament: Launching at 6:30 was a big surprise to say the least, I knew I had unhooked my boat but when backed in the water and I put the boat in reverse it didn't go off the trailer, I looked back and tried again then I looked forward I could see I went forward??? But I had it in reverse?? Yes they hooked the cables up backwards, reverse was forward and forward was reverse..NOT funny..I had two things I could do..One load the boat and wait till they open at 9:ish or try to go by working the controls in reverse??
I took the second way, when you do something like running your boat or driving your car, now they hook up your steering lets say right is now left and left is right right?? Well if you try it you would know..Oh yes and in reverse you only get half throttle as well, and to work you trim behind your back as well..

I took off and was only getting half the speed and it was hard to get on plain as well, this was a game changer..
I could not run as far as I planed with the slower speed and could I get on plain with water in my live wells??

I stayed close and my non boater that I had was great she helped where and how she could but all day I kept putting or shifting it the wrong way...Well we made it through the day, oh yes she is on the UVU's collage fishing teem.. She got 4 bass and I got 5 bass to weigh in at the end of the day.. I tried to get to the repair shop but it closed at 4:30 and we had our weigh in time at 4:30 ..
Day two: More of the same but I had a new non boater each day, but I got my wife to call the shop but they could not fix my boat till monday after I got done fishing and to top it off my boat battery's was going dead sooner each day as well..
Day three: We was told the wind was going to blow about 14 to 20 MPH from about 11:00 on and it did..
By 1:00 their about my battery's was shot and I could no longer hold in the wind, so all we could do was head in early at around 2: or so..
All in all If it could go wrong it did.. The count for my non boaters and I was first day 4 fish me 5 fish day two them 4 fish me 4 fish. Day 3 them 3 fish me 5 fish..

My total was around 24+lb for the three days the wining weight was over 40+lb..

.[inline P3110008.JPG]
[signature]
water looks a little bit higher than it did this time last year?
[signature]
Sounds like you had an interesting trip. You got to fish a little and the weather was nice for a couple days. We all need a havoc day like that so we remember just how good the good days are. Sorry yours happened during a tourney. New batteries and a little cable work and you can get em next time.
[signature]
Sounds like a tough way to fish a tourney. Reminded me of when my steering cables were reversed, by my boat mechanic, and when I turned the steering wheel right it went left and viseversa. And you are correct, no matter how hard I tried to remember everything was backward I couldn't keep it straight and kept turning the wrong way, and actually ran into the dock.
[signature]
Wow... well, hopefully that trip becomes a funny story to tell with a little more time to get over it.

That had to me a major frustration.

I think we all go through days when we are fishing... and days when we are mucking with fishing crap.
[signature]
No its not, its about 30' lower..
Will get the picture of the pontoon today or tomorrow..
[signature]
If I didn't have bad luck I wouldn't have any I think..[crazy]
[signature]
We had a good laugh on the way home any way..
[signature]
Bassrods you are a persistant son of a gun! No wonder you are a good fisherman. You don't let anything stop you when things aren't going smoothly.

I'm glad you were still able to catch some fish under those conditions. Thanks for posting. I'll be going to Powell in May.[Smile]
[signature]