Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
inlet snagging
Tubedudes right on the money on this one. the internet does play a small role, but in "olden times" people found out, not sure how. I knew when the walleye were in, the cisco run started and where the fishing was good or not.
[cool](Growing up next door to Arnold B helped)
[signature]
I just don't think it is that small of roll
Google: Willard Bay Walleye...what is the first topic?

And that is just one forum. Then there is "I read this so I told so and so" They took two of their friends and so on and so on.

I realize it is unstoppable, but it is a factor to consider.
[signature]
Well, yeah. But you can't Google if you don't use the innanet.

The folks doing this stuff have "nets" of their own. They phone, they talk.
[signature]
exactly! now google the percentage of people that use the internet for Utah. There are even programs for free.
[signature]
O.K. you have a point too. We can also look at it this way... The more public, the more call for law enforcement = less snagging/overharvest.
= pain in the butt to enforce = closure. Walleye Win!![cool]
[signature]
So whos game to go do some video taping? Just about everyone has one on their phone. Its not illegal to video on public land is it? I might go tommorow.....
[signature]
was there yesterday snagfest at its finnest made me sick
[signature]
id be down to take some video on my phone, im going down with a few buddies of mine this evening. Hopefully doesn't piss anyone off and get me in trouble we'll see..
[signature]
[#0000FF][cool]Where's Adam Eakle when you need him? I'm guessing that some cameras and lights would spook a few of the snag artists.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]
See if you can post it. Hard to argue with hard evidence vs word of mouth.
[signature]
Keep your head down... Flak Jacket might be a good idea.[pirate]
[signature]
I don't see why the officials who have jurisdiction to enforce the laws don't do so. It's their job.

Most states have budget concerns, fine these idiots with disregard for the law and kick them out of there.

They knew this was going to be an issue, if they just really crack down on the snagging and make an impression a lot of it would stop.

It's a shame so many people break our laws and do not have to face the consequences for it.

If it closes again, the snaggers will still be there and there will probably be less enforcement than there is now. Just bust the snaggers I don't see why it's so complicated[:/]
[signature]
[quote TubeDude][#0000ff]

And the flip side is that a lot of us walleye huggers are deliberately avoiding the place...just BECAUSE of all the publicity. Myself, I enjoy fishing for the esthetics. Or, as I put it, I fish for enjoyment, not endurance. The stress of combat fishing and witnessing the illegal harvest of a favorite species would definitely put a damper on the enjoys.
[/#0000ff][/quote]

+1
[signature]
Went down with the boy last night. Soaked a crawler for cats and watched the circus... Wanted to see first hand the whole inlet deal,,

Son caught two eyes, both foul hooked and were released without incident.

From what was witnessed approximately 15-20 eyes an hour were being snagged out of the water and kept..

There were 40 plus anglers shoulder to shoulder repetitiously casting and retreiving..

A fellow told me that he had been there several days in a row and that I was seeing only a tenth of the fish being caught that were caught in the same time period the previous couple days.

I don't know how big a female walleye is when they first spawn but the fish I was seeing were big and fat, like they were swelled with eggs.

Personally of all the walleyes reeled in I saw none with a hook inside its mouth.

One guy with a heavy stringer told us "he had caught about 20 eyes that day and about 50 eyes the day before"

Was certain that the DWR was there and watching. But saw no visible action and no one talked to or cited while we were there.

Willard disaster for sure.. Don't know about anyone else but would rather have walleyes than wipers anytime.
[signature]
Well close the darn thing if they don't have the courage to enforce the laws.
[signature]
Make sure you guys let me know when you start taping people!!

I will make sure to get all my friends , my ward , my community and extended family to stop and leave before you start taping!
[signature]
So my old man told me a story...

He said the bubble up at Lindon use to be close to the shore, but they had to pipe it out in the lake because of constant fights breaking out. Well, me and my bro are thinking if there is enough strain on the local pd having to come out because of fights and riots they'll have to shut it down. The plan is to simply release any fish we see fouled hook. Take them out of buckets or off stringers... Whatever it takes. I'm bigger and stronger than anyone I've ever seen fishing out there and my brothers definetly meaner. I'm scared of him. We wouldn't hurt anyone. If someone wanted to make an issue of it we could just throw them in to cool off. I know I could throw most of that crowd farther than i can flycast. [Wink]Anyone in.[:p]
[signature]
[quote fishjon]So my old man told me a story...

He said the bubble up at Lindon use to be close to the shore, but they had to pipe it out in the lake because of constant fights breaking out. Well, me and my bro are thinking if there is enough strain on the local pd having to come out because of fights and riots they'll have to shut it down. The plan is to simply release any fish we see fouled hook. Take them out of buckets or off stringers... Whatever it takes. I'm bigger and stronger than anyone I've ever seen fishing out there and my brothers definetly meaner. I'm scared of him. We wouldn't hurt anyone. If someone wanted to make an issue of it we could just throw them in to cool off. I know I could throw most of that crowd farther than i can flycast. [Wink]Anyone in.[:p][/quote]

Well, if nothing else you should get the DNR's attention, if they are watching these post[:/].
[signature]
I was going to say, there used to be a way this stuff was handled back in the day. I bet your method works a lot better than what they are doing now.
[signature]
There is a another method I've employed in the past. A boat kept trolling past the southwest corner of Willard when a bunch of us were fishing. After the second pass I rigged up my braid reel with a one ounce castmaster. When they came by 40' off shore the third time I lobbed the castmaster over all four of there lines. They had planer boards and everything. I cocked the bell and started reeling and jerking like a madman. I actually broke one of there rods[Smile]. I then invited them to beach the boat and retrieve the boards and crawler harnesses. They declined. I'm sure a similarly placed cast down the combat line would create some havock.
[signature]