|
|
|
\/
[signature]
Try PASTING your http like this. Then we can just click on it

http://redneckflyfishing.blogspot.com/
[signature]
I was on the road before 7 am and fought the blizzard for 2 hours until it cleared at Nephi. Got to love Utah in the spring- driving in a blizzard, fishing in the teens and catching a few small fish. Well hope it at least got rid of cabin fever. Wait a week or 2 and it will probable be 90 degrees.
[signature]
So how did you break your oars? From the photo, I see you have the heavy duty fiberglass NFO oars.
[signature]
no idea, i ran dead man and dug in to spin myself around because i like to have fun and the oar was broke. did not hit anything, did not jam it on anything it just broke
[signature]
Possibly one of the LONGEST days of my life...but the green and the trout are AMAZING. Not that I caught any of them.
[signature]
Need to point out, the Oars are made by Sawyer, not NFO. I guess you Should always pack a spare oar on rivers. At least on the Snake that was the rule of thumb. That and "wear" a PFD on moving water.[Smile]
[signature]
Should have clarified they are Sawyer oars and quite bullet-proof from my experience. Smacked them into my share of boulders on the Green with no problem. I wonder if water somehow got into a crack, and froze..

The Green regs require PFD and extra oar. During high season, the launch ranger will check for compliance.

Can't wait to take my Assault XX on the Green - hopefully in the next few weeks.
[signature]
Actually it's written, or posted, on the board down there. Spare oar or a second form of propulsion ie. flippers.
[signature]
I have fiberglass golf clubs.. they can break [laugh]
I broke the blade on my ultra light oar. It was on the Assault and fell off the roof rack before we got it tied down. Took awhile to get replacement.
[signature]
All 3 of you broke oars? I don't get that. I have used those little NFO (Sawyer) oars on my assault and renegade down there quite a bit. So far, so good. I don't float in sub freezing temps though, just wade then. Maybe they froze then cracked when put in the water?

I run every rapid including red creek at flows from 900 to 4500 in my little assault. I carry flippers, but maybe I need to order a spare oar. Faster and/or cheaper from Sawyer or NFO? Any idea?
[signature]
Man, that is a long day...weather can really make for a lengthy trip! I have been in a few of those white knuckle storms outside of Evanston......coming home from the Green one year heading over the sisters, I swear it took me four hours to get to Salt Lake from 30 miles outside Evanston!
[signature]
my oar on my avenger did not technically "break" the actual paddle of the oar itself came out of the oar shaft. just popped out, no break no crack no nothing. the oars on the renegades broke, the first 3 inches of each.
[signature]
Hey now you can say "you were up a creek without a paddle" awahaha [laugh]

Good precaution to carry some kind of backup I got that Madisen Toon off oldTroller hate to be in the middle of a lake some were and one of the oars breaks....[crazy]
[signature]
So they broke the aluminum ones that come with the boat? Man I have beat mine up and still in one piece. Must have been a bad batch. Let Dave know. I know way back the guys that bend his frames had a jig get out of whack. Caught it after three boats which was nice.

As far as ordering a spare oar, personally, I would go through the Oar maker, NFO is the boats. Walton's Marine has a bunch of cool choices.
[signature]
just got back from the shop. Derek and Larry had said they have never seen on of the carbon oars like mine come apart the way it did, nor had they seen the aluminum oars on the rene's break like they did. they replaced all three and I was on my way after shooting the breeze about fihsing
[signature]
Good to hear about the great service!
[signature]