Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
sure is quiet today
hmmmm , it sure is quiet today , you would think it was some kind of holiday ,

a regular "do not fish in michigan day " .[crazy]

oh well i guess the fisheys deserve a day off of work too[Wink].

now as far as "dat tirty point buck" , he hasen't shown up for work all day , he better be there tomorow bright and early ![cool]
[signature]
horned feaver had bitten most of our anglers in almost all states the season is open. cep tenn. the season is close for a cople days.
[signature]
hey , i had a 5 or seven point come in the swamp area tonight .( couldn't make out if he had brow tines )

i draw a bead on him from my ground blind and i'm waiting for a clear shot .

WHAM ! one heck of a monster buck slams him from the side , pretty much double the size of the first one . and then he just stands there snorting !

now usually i'l let the big ones pass on by , but this is one of those bucks of a lifetime !

i'm shaking like crasy , telling myself over and over " it's just a target aim small shoot once "

yea right ! i blast the clump of trees , he just moves closer to them . now i'm waiting and waiting an eternity goes by and dusk is setting in and he tries to skulk down and walk out , BAM !

HE RUNS OFF ABOUT THIRTY FEET AND DROPS !

now i'm on cloud nine ! i walk up twards the spot and he jumps up and is gone thru the brush in a split second . no time to shoot even if i remembered to reload (which i didn't )

points on him were pushing the upper teens or low twentys . he was the hugest buck i have ever seen . the smartest too , there was no blood in his possom playing bed .

well i know he's clamed that area as his teritory , i'll be looking for him , i already know one of his tricks , i won't be fooled again .
[signature]
I'll tell you a secreat about them big monster bucks, they can take a brawd side shot from a 12 gage slug and never leave a drop of blood. run 50 yards and drop. chances are good he is still laying there unless some else finds him.

so unless you can find where your rounds went I would say you hit him. and you just whent up to him to soon and got the adrenalin going. in which case that deer would run 300 yards before droping again.
[signature]
bullWinkle was hit , this morning . the next neighbor down got him as the fog was lifting . he was a big 14 point buck with an extra antler broke off and jamed into his . it must have been a heck of a buck too !

no extra holes in him other than some cuts around his neck and left eye .

jim is having it mounted with the extra antler attached just like he got it .
[signature]
it is good to know it aint laying in the woods somewhere going to waist...

I went out deer hunting this moring, and what do you supose I saw when I step out the front door of my house, a buck standing in my front yard, lol, the only deer I saw all day...lol

Tennessee is looking nicer every day,,,, when I get there I will be able eat the deer that steps in my front yard.....

freezer first, sport second.... that my motto... lol
[signature]
i hear you on that !

with beef going up in price and all the water weight they add to it , the cost of hunting your own woods beef is a bargin !
[signature]
unfortunatly a lot of other people are thinking the same thing.

While I was out yesterday, a heard of hunters (asuming they are not peta in disquise) began a large drive. they started off with driving up and down the road with horns blasting. then got out and let of about 40-50 rounds in about 20 minutes time. then they drove the woods.

if there was a deer in the woods there aint one now[mad] I went back there today and not one fresh track. some body went back to the gunfiring point today and let off 5 rounds around the same time as yesterday. in the same spot. in the middle of the road. [mad]

I would go some where else, sept I cant afford to go any further.
[signature]
have you looked up the hunters harasment laws ? people , even other hunters are not allowed to interfere with your hunting in that manner .

i think it's covered in act 452 , sections ????, michigan law .

i was cought in one of those drives , the guys walked thru the swamp shooting level all directions tring to drive the deer to coming out the two track .

i got a "sorry , didn't know anyone was in there "

stupid way of hunting to be sure .
[signature]
I went out there again today, there was not a fresh deer track to be found, there hasnt been a deer in those woods since last saturday.

I walked the woods because most of the hunters have gone back to work, I could not walk 50 yards with out tripping over some one bait pile or deer blind I saw where some one had killed the big buck with their bow about two weeks ago, found the hair ball from the shot the old tracks and the drag. this woods tipicaly produces a ten pointer every year. It is usualy taken during bow season. with 50 bait piles a deer would hardly eat much from any of them.
[signature]
SAW 8 DOES YESTERDAY , ONE BEAR TODAY . THE BUCKS ARE DEEP IN THE SWAMPS NOW , WITH THE BLISSARD COMING IN THEY WILL BE OUT TO HIT THOSE OLD BAIT PILES SOON , I'DE TAKE A SMALL RAKE OUT WITH YOU AND LEVEL THE GROUND OUT AROUND THEM TO SEE IF ANYTHINGS COMING IN . GO AT DIFFERENT TIMES AND YOU WILL BE ABLE O FIGURE OUT THE APPROXIMATE TIME THERE GETTING THERE . IT MIGHT HELP .
[signature]
sounds lie a good Idea, I cant afford to drive back and forth....

the indian blood in my can sniff out how fresh a track is..... I start drewling at any thing that is less than an hour....lol
[signature]