Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lake Las Vegas
Hello. I'll be staying at a resort on Lake Las Vegas in mid-April.

I can't seem to find much info on fishing at that lake. Does anyone know if there are largemouth bass in the lake, and is it worth a fishing trip?

Thanks!
Nate
[signature]
Call the front desk/concierge of the hotel you will be staying at and ask about your options for fishing the lake on your stay. There are some HUGE bass in that lake.. and in good numbers too.
[signature]
I just got a job out there. The woman interviewing me told me that they had just recently stocked the lake with a new batch and that fishing was temporarily prohibited. Make sure to call ahead to make sure they will let you fish.

That being said, it's been a few years since I fished the lake, but when I did, the bass population was strong.
[signature]
Thanks for the replies and great info!

I'm trying to find out the exact dates of any lake fishing closures.

TheWhizzle.... if you happen to find out any more specifics, please let me know!

Thanks!
Nate
[signature]
I just called the Lake Las Vegas Marina because I was curious about it myself. I was told that they are closing the lake to fishing for at least this year to let the local bass population get back up to previous numbers.

I asked him how much the fishing license was to fish there seeing as it's a private lake and he told me they never really sold any and they didn't stop people from fishing there without a license "Just go out, pick a rock, and have fun" is what I was told.

If you would like to call them for any more info their number is 702 856-0078
[signature]
Thanks for the info! Just what I needed.

I've been having a tough time finding anyone who knows.

THANKS!
Nate
[signature]