Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ten points !
not more than 200 yards from my house on opening day my neighbors got there buck .[cool] [Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=1638;]now is this the face of a happy hunter , you bet ![Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=1636;] bullWinkle is headed for the wall and will mak a few guest appearances at some meals .[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=1637;] sorry the photo is chopped , but deercamp for these guys was a sucess anyways , they all enjoyed there time in the woods and shared in the thrill of this big buck as all good buddys do .

and i'm still looking for mine [Wink] .
congradulations guys ! and thanks for sharing your buck with all of us here .
[signature]
[size 2]Pretty young ain't it? I would of let that one go.[unsure][/size]
[signature]
well as all hunters know , the age of a deer is not determined by it's stature or rack size , it's by there teeth . sorry but the buck wouldn't Smile no matter how hard we coaxed it .
any tenpoint is a desirable harvest to any hunter on opening day , especially at deercamp with your budds.
you must be hunting in farm country , this is a woods deer , of course a hunter would know that just by looking at the rack . corn fed and zoo deer are much bigger with a brighter rack .swamp deer are black , so's there rack .
i'm sure you would walk past a ten doller bill on the sidewalk and wait for a fiftey to show up too , wouldn't you ?
the primary goal in hunting is to harvest food in a legal manner . if your looking for racks try wallmart or e-bay . shooting deer just for the rack isn't very sportsman like , neither is belittiling someone elses trophy .
depending on the license i have while hunting i'll drop a doe or a buck , young or old - meat in the freeser first , wall decorations if they show up .
where's the buck you harvested this year ?????????
with any freedm or privilige we americans enjoy comes the responsibility to use it wisely . when you pourposley use the freedom of free speach to belittle or hurt someone you are abusing this freedom so many people have fought and died for . keep that in mind before posting .
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]Are the younger deer the best eating? Old rutty bucks can be pretty gamey tasting from what I hear. You can't eat the antlers! Who knows, if you would of passed that one up you may have gone home with nothing! [/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]I've never ate whitetail but have eaten lots of mule deer and elk. I think you'll enjoy that deer all year long until it's time to hunt another. Good Chewing! I think it's a fine buck for the stew pot! Congratulations![/size][/font]
[signature]