Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BFT BUCKBOARD

POST THOSE BUCKS !

HERE'S A TEN POINT TAKEN JUST DOWN THE STREET FROM ME .

[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=1638;]
[signature]
Here's a couple of pictures of the buck I got this year. 29 inches wide, 3points on each side + eye guards.. I guess that would make him an 8 point eastern count and a 3X3 w/eyeguards, western count. Sure feel lucky I was able to get him...
[signature]
seing how he is a western deer, (mule) you might have to count him western style. we on the east side of the mississippi dont get to see deer other that the smaller white tail.

we do on ocation get a wooly mamuth sezed buck. some times we get christmas trees and hat racks 20+ points and once in a while body weights that will hit 350 to 400+ pounds.

congradulations on your creel,,,, those are some impressive tines....[shocked]
[signature]
Thanks Dave. I've got an opportunity to hunt whitetails in N. Dakota next year. I've been told they (whitetails) actually taste better than a muley... I've often wondered how different whitetails are from mule deer. Only seen them hunted on tv and that's not much of an experience. Do you know what is the average antler size of a mature whitetail? I know that a mule deer is a 4point + eye guard (on each side). Anything other than that is a non-typical. I think!

Once again, I can't help but to feel extremely lucky to have been able to harvested that buck.

Happy Thanksgiving to all![Smile]
[signature]
if I were to give the white tail a ball park figure, I would have to say the avarage is 150 to 225 pounds.

they are darker in color, I have eaten both, but only hunted the white tail. yes in my opinion I think the white tail has a sweeter flavor than the mule deer. and the younger the white tail the sweeter it is.
[signature]
Here is a nice buck I shot with by bow Nov.10, 2003
!0 pointer with a 19 7/8 inside spread green scored 138.
[signature]
pretty cool !

i haven't seen a buck worth taking yet , except bullWinkle .

he's one crafty creature , changing his appearance times constantly . everybodys seen him in the area i've been hunting and he's just as ewlusive twards them as he is with me .

i still have the stand set up and am patiently waiting in the cold for him to make a mistake and head my way . my luck , some kid will drop him on the 12th at daybreak .

anyone going to be pounding powder then ?

i heard jay's is discontinuing there .54 caliber guns and staying with the .50 calibers . there mussle loading , ice fishing , and shantey sale is this saturday . i have to work so i can't go .
[signature]
Nice buck Stormy26.[Wink] How much did he weigh?
[signature]
It dressed out at just under 203lb. The neck was very swelled up and the hacks was stinking bad. THE RUT WAS ON!!!
[signature]
Congrats man! That's a good cache of meat you'll have. Thanks for sharing your photo with me/us..[Wink]
[signature]