Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
my first ( lucky ) musky
they say musky are a fish of a 1,000 cast so i would say my first in under 20 casts was lucky. it all started one day walking thru a local tackle store and i spotted a spinnerbait with a big brass blade and a yellow/orange/green skirt thought to myself looks just like a yellow perch common in pineview lake i had plans to go to some day

about a week later after arranging to meet another fisherman from the site we meet up and headed for pineview i had a strong feeling that if i went to a certian spot i would catch a musky i started out throwing a spinnerbait with a white/silver skirt i had been catching bass with at another lake here in utah after about 15 cast with no bites i remenbered my other spinnerbait so on it got tied made a cast let i drop for a 10 count started reeling and got slammed after about a 10 minute fight got the fish close enough to see it was a musky ! another good run and a couple of tailwalks later i waded in and pulled him out a couple of quick pictures and he was released to fight another day i think my buddy was more exicted then i was for you see i already knew i was going to catch a musky that day

so thats my story and i'm sticking to it
[signature]