Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
maiden voyage
took the uss petty on its maiden voyage. to jordanelle played with it most of the day but did get alittle fishing in. man that pontoon can fly. i still need to get all the bells and whistles installed. my arms are sore from rowing it
[signature]
in the future may your arms be sore from reeling in fish
[signature]
[cool] Hey Petty4life, I'm glad to hear that you're getting that toon of yours wet. They aren't much of a tool when they are dry. ha ha. Do you plan on getting some kind of small motor for it???? That would be cool. They have a 2 seater for sale at Cabelas for $999. My son was drooling just looking at it. It also converts to just a 1 man as well.

Good luck and keep that thing wet and primed.[Wink]
[signature]

Hey there petty4life,

So ol #43 finally hit the water eh?! Congratualtions. It might not be too easy with a U shaped float tube but I'll bet you could mount a coupla torpedo tubes along the pontoons.

Somebody horn in on your fishing as TubeDude was describing and it's 'torpedo tube 1... Away! torpedo tube 2... Away! Then watch the wrong-doer in the shiny new boat watch two trails from your torpedos props/nozzels approaching his beloved boat. ha ha ha That would win one on Americas funniest!

Let's have a pic of her when she's all gussied up and wearin' her Sunday-go-to-meetin' clothes!

JapanRon
[signature]
[cool][size 2]Glad you got afloat...and survived it. The first trip or two is usually about getting to know your craft and what it can do...and not do. Then you settle down and work in the fishing...taking full advantage of the reasons why you are not in a boat or on the bank.[/size]

[size 2]Of course you are going to feel the results of using muscles you haven't been using much. The good news is that you will be getting more exercise...along with your fishing. And, as has already been suggested, hopefully you get more exercise in your rod arm too...from bringing in lotsa fishies.[/size]

[size 2]One word of caution. Just because your 'toon is more mobile, don't take unnecessary chances. Pay attention to the weather and stay within your limitations. At least that's what Dirty Harry would say.[/size]

[size 2]Congrats on a successful shakedown cruise. Too bad the oncoming winter is likely to shut you down for awhile. But, I'm sure you will be on the water as soon as the ice goes out in the spring. That was always a good time for me...even if I did have to get out of the water and stomp feeling back into my frozen feet once in awhile.[/size]
[signature]
[cool]Hey Petty, Can you post a new pic of your toon. It would be kind of nice to see what is bigger, your #43 or the BFT logo.
[signature]