Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Little Dell Res.
I have been by the Little Dell before and never see anyone fishing... looking at stocking reports they put fish in it last year. Whats the word on this place and has even on been by it recently?? is the ice off of it yet??
[signature]
It's c&r only for bonneville cutts. Artificials only. I'm sure that turns a lot of people off. There is a day use area and a ramp for canoes and other small craft. I posted a pic of a pretty standard cutthroat my son and I took a couple months back. About 16". If the ice isn't off yet, it will be soon! It's on my to do list this spring.
[signature]
According to this, it is ALL cutthroat,
http://www.utahfishinginfo.com/utahlakes/littledell.php
[signature]
... and this from the 2013 Guide Book:

[font "Myriad Pro Cond,Myriad Pro Cond"][size 2]
[size 3][/size]
[size 3]LittleDell Reservoir, Salt Lake County[/size]
[size 3][/size]
[size 3]CLOSEDto the possession of cutthroat trout or trout with cutthroat markings.[/size]
[size 3][/size]
[size 3]Allcutthroat trout must be immediately released.[/size]
[size 3][/size]
[size 3]ARTIFICIALFLIES AND LURES ONLY.[/size]
[size 3][Wink][/size]
[size 3][/size]
[font "Myriad Pro Cond,Myriad Pro Cond"][size 2]

[/size][/font]

[/size][/font]
[signature]
I am not a biologist, and I would have a hard time telling the difference in cutthroat, and kinda betting most people are in the same shoes, so it makes sense they made it all.
[signature]
Sorry fg, I think I need to clarify. I didn't keep the fish, I merely "took" a pic and sent him packin. I can't tell the difference in the strains of cutthroat either. I just know the bonneville cutt inhabits the dell creek drainage. And to my knowledge is the only strain present.

The way i understand it, If you are lucky enough to catch another type of trout in the lake,the states normal bag limit would apply.
[signature]
I didn't think you did, all good.
[signature]
That lake is a cutty fish farm. Basically there's all the cutties you can think of and if your lucky you might just might catch a brookie or a brown but I nor the TDT have never caught anything else beside the cutthroats. Most of them range from 10-16"
[signature]
I've caught a few small brookies right where the river flows into the lake. I didn't know there were brownies in there.
[signature]