Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ice Fishing Contest Results!
Well BFT'ers I hereby declare the 2012-2013 Ice Fishing Contest to be officially over! I think the contest was a success. We had a total of 10 contestants entered, which is awesome because that means that $150 will go to charity! We had a total of 12 species entered including some that hadn't been entered in the ice fishing contest before which was pretty cool to see. You guys are getting creative!

Now for the juicy details: The winner (by a whopping 4.5 inches) was Hooknhunter with 128.5 inches of fish entered! Congrats on a well fought battle! Mr. Hooknhunter is also the winner of the big-fish portion of the contest with his 26 inch lake trout! A hard-fought second place was taken by Hookedlikeu with 124 inches. These two really had a good duel going and it looked like it could go either way there for a while! Hookedlikeu also was close to the big-fish prize with his own lake trout of 25 inches. Kentd71 took third place with a very respectable 92 inches, and Idahopanfish came in 4th with 26 inches. Jigs, Idaho, Jeremypeace, Untangler, MMDon, and Lucabrasi were unfortunately unable to enter any fish, however they still definitely deserve an honorable mention for contributing to the pot of charity money! Thanks everybody for participating! It's been fun!

But wait there's more! New for this year's contest, I have several $25 gift certificates to wavefishing.com courtesy of bigfishtackle!! They will be distributed as follows:

Everybody who entered a fish will receive 1, additionally the winner of the contest and the winner of the big-fish contest will get one (the same person in this case...) and the person with the most species entered will get one. It breaks down like this:

Hooknunter: entered a fish $25, + overall winner $25, + biggest fish $25 = $75!
Hookedlikeu: entered a fish $25, + most species $25 = $50!
Kentd71: entered a fish = $25!
Idahopanfish: entered a fish = $25!

I'll pm you guys the codes for the gift cards. Thank you wavefishing.com and bigfishtackle for donating these prizes!

That is all [Smile]
[signature]
Thanks for a job well done!! Hip HIP Horaa
[signature]
You ran a swell contest. Thanks for doing it.

I bet more would have entered and submitted fish if they had known there was going to be prizes.....[shocked] I sure didn't know. I'm just in it for the fun anyway. To me it is a friendly competition that encourages me to stretch myself and try new things.

Can you please donate the prize money to the National Breast Cancer foundation?
[signature]
Great contest guys! Had alot of fun again. My wife is glad its over too. Now I can help her clean the house on Saturday mornings again. Hope to meet some of you on the water this summer.
[signature]