Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Above swan falls dam?
Just wondering about depth/rocks in first mile or two above Swan Falls Dam. Thinking about launching a 12' aluminum boat with a 7.5hp 2-stroke to fish for SM Bass. Anyone know if a prop-motor does ok in this stretch? And is there much current up there?

Thanks for any info!
[signature]
Check the flow before you go, below 8500 I wouldn't be to worried. There is random rocks everywhere, but something that small shouldn't draft deep enough to hit them. Stay in the middle of the channel when running and you will be fine, most the rocks that you can hit follow obvious paths of the hillside.
[signature]
Welcome to BFT!! I run my Skeeter bass boat with a 200 horse motor up there with no problem. I run up about 6 to 7 miles before I get worried. Just stay in the middle and you should be fine. There is a pretty good current flow all year round but can be bad on high snow years in the spring. I've been up there when my 101 thrust MinnKota wouldn't hold me in the current and there isn't many places to get out of the current. Bass fishing is great, look for current breaks using jigs, flukes or tubes.
[signature]
Great. Thanks guys, for the info!

Think I'll head out there on Saturday to try jigs and crankbaits for smallmouth.
[signature]
Kuna Caves still open?

Fish the East side above Swan Falls close too shore.

Fat Bass. weather permitting..

Idaho
[signature]