Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
fishing for bass
bass are a very fine fish but are very predatoroy,so to hunt to bass you have to be both hunter and prey, look at it from the fish point it has to be worth spending engery to hunt it and kill it to eat.so you need to use lures that have vibertion and flash also scent if you want to catch really big bass.
[signature]
hey daymere, thanks for the heads up on the bass. I love bass fishing and have no problems with the small ones (up to 16lbs). My only problem is with the older, more experiences ones. Have any tips for those big boys???

Thanks
[signature]
[cool] big bass like big bait so to catch a big boy you will have to fish for a big boy.first you will not catch as many fish but the ones you do catch will be bigger and you will have to change your fishing habits for targting them.electronics help you locate the areas the big boy will be look for logs and uderwater structure for find a spot.second remeber they are teritoral and wont have any other big bass around as they want the best ambush sight for themselves.,they wont spend energy on small baits as its not worth there time to spend theres if its not worth it. look at bigger baits for fish like pike and musky,then you have to find what bait fish are in the area and match it.then try the spots you have found that look like big boy hide outs.dont use your regular retreves as they are older and have live to see them all.try faster or slower retreves at differnt points in the cast,also try scents and flash changes if your useing large spinners change out the blades with different siges and color show them something flashy and tastey and they will come also use there natural agression agaisnt them this will get them to bite also live bait is great like gold fish and small snakes and lizards.
[signature]
Hey thanks alot there buddy. I have to try some of those ideas. Take a look some of the post of mine from Castaic lake on the California Board. They pretty well describe the Big Boy or Moby Dick that I refer to as well as one that we nicknamed Torpedo Tommy.
[signature]
thanks i will and tell me more about the area u fish and all so i can help u catch him
[signature]
Check out the website [url "http://www.castaiclake.com"]www.castaiclake.com[/url] Look up some of the info for the Lagoon or Lower Lake. They give you some info. I will give you some more in a bit.
[signature]
hey tubin2,

you going out after that 8 million dollar bass? lol

good luck, and if ya land him dont forget where you got the info from. lol

there are some realy good tips here. just what a man needs to land that monster.
[signature]
Hey Dave, you can bet that I'm going for him and you can bet that I won't be fool enough to put him back in the water either. I figure that if I do get the big hawg, I will remember all my advisors here at BFT and help out some way or another with some financial means.
[signature]
hey if ya get him dont quit your day job at least right away. it will take months for the cash to roll in....

just like hitting the lotto bro, the loot is there its just like parting with 8 million frends lol

but if ya lant that mamoth, and ya need some one to help eat him, just remember, I have fork and will travel...[Tongue]
[signature]
was looking over some of the info on lake and it looks good but does show much of the stucture of lake so i suggeast useing a depth finder with color and mapping feature so you can look at the best spots and then try those areas and look for areas bait fish,to find it.try differnt retreves to get his attention and to minick injured bait and that will help to bring him to you. good luck
[signature]