Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fly fishing for warm water species
Work was pretty cruddy today so I just had to hit a few spots to find some bigger bass and maybe see if the bluegills are coming out too play more. First hit my bass and carplet condo. Spend 30 min too find the a new big bass for the contest. Found this sucker right under his little rock [angelic].
[inline "solid 14 inch bass actually 5 pounder.JPG"]

After that nice beginner bass for the day nothing else would come out and place. Left that area with seeing the bass jump in the air and told me thanks for letting me free [laugh].

Blasted over to my bluegill spot and see if there started the tornado parade.
[inline beastly.JPG]
[inline "decent bg.JPG"]
[inline "i think im hungry.JPG"]
[inline "little friend.JPG"]
[inline "nice colors.JPG"]
[inline "prince nymph taker.JPG"]
[inline "sunny bluegill.JPG"]

[inline yep.JPG]

Those were just a few of the bluegills trust me just a few[cool].

After slamming the bluegills I think I caught the new utah catch and release bass record here. He was caught on a 4" ant fly pattern.[laugh]

.[inline "new utah bass record.JPG"]

When the sun went down the bluegill and bass stop biting but the sun fish came out too play for a few minutes but no picture of those guys because it was after 8 or 9 pm.

Their is one spot that every cast I would have a bluegill[fishin]. Caught 50+ bluegills easily, about 5 bass, and 2 sunfish.
[signature]
Looks like fun. Later J
[signature]
Yea it wa but I'm still waiting for the 8" gills to come out still.
[signature]
Well done son!
[signature]
Thanks wannabe my dad [laugh]
[signature]
Bigger is better, but tugs are tugs this time of year. Later J
[signature]
True true.
[signature]
I'll pass on the that one. You are always getting into too much trouble.
[signature]
Oh here maybe because of other bfters but in person nah. Chilled out and relaxed.[Tongue]
[signature]
You've got me beat. I've only made it out a couple of times for trout and that's it this year. Looks like a ton of fun to me, and that first bass is pretty nice.
[signature]
Got too love being single because I always figure a way out too fish once. or a few times a week. Yes I am having fun slaying those little and decent fish [Wink]
[signature]
Ha, yeah, don't get me wrong, marriage is great, but I definitely made it out a lot more when I was single. Between work, school, yard work, house repairs, and spending time with my wife, it's tough to get out enough. Then again, I don't know if there ever is an enough when it comes to fishing. If only I could get my wife into fishing [:/]
[signature]
That's true but ya there never enough of fishing until your arms and legs fall off plus having a wife that likes fishing would be amazing.
[signature]
what fly are you using for the bluegill?
[signature]
Black Ant and prince nymphs
[signature]
If only I could get my wife into fishing

Careful what you wish you may regret it
Careful what you wish you just might get it
[signature]
Maybe so. I might miss the alone time, but I would get out more, that's for sure.
[signature]
[quote CarlF]If only I could get my wife into fishing

Careful what you wish you may regret it
Careful what you wish you just might get it[/quote]

THIS.

When I was first married I was so excited to go out with her and so was she. Got her a new rod, reel, pack, waders, boots... Perfect, right? WRONG. I like to go out and fish and be at my own pace and peace; with her, I spent all my time listening to her piss and moan about everything, unscrambling her knots, etc. We tried it a few more times that year and we both decided that it's best if I just go alone.

PHEW.
[signature]
[quote gstott]Ha, yeah, don't get me wrong, marriage is great, but I definitely made it out a lot more when I was single. Between work, school, yard work, house repairs, and spending time with my wife, it's tough to get out enough. Then again, I don't know if there ever is an enough when it comes to fishing. If only I could get my wife into fishing [:/][/quote] preach bother! If only they knew how much we loved it maybe then they might actually be a little more understanding when you are gone 12 hrs fishun!
[signature]
+11111111111111

Taking my wife fishing was worse than trying to teach a 3 year old to spin cast braid in hurricane winds with iced rod guides.

Now we have a system. I go fish, she stays home.
[signature]