Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boulder Harbor 4/11
[Smile] Took a day trip out to boulder harbor, haven't been there in awhile. hit the water at about 9:30 fishing off pyramid Island right at the opening of boulder harbor got nothing but checked by the Gamey.

so I moved to the inside of the harbor and tried the wall below the stairs chummed up the area with the seafood city stuff and fished with the International market stuff. had my first fish within an hour on a lead head jig with a chunk of sardine on it on the bottom, pretty primitive but it worked. then I just kept missing them after that.

another fisherman came out and set up right next to me and began catching fish. had 2 on shore within an hour and 3 others in the remaining time out there. I didn't know what I was doing wrong, 2/0 circle hook, chunk of fish on a dropper set up, fairly simple. strike after strike, pull after pull, miss, miss, miss. started getting frustrated and right as I was going to pack it up BOOM pole goes off fish on!!! landed a nice 3-3 1/2lber!!

As I was reeling it in, it had a BIG one probly 7-8lbs and about a 5lber with it. beatin it up as I was reeling it in. upon cleaning it had 8 pieces of my chum, and a partially digested 6" gizzard shad in its belly.

great day on the water and I finally got the smell of striper skunk off me this year.

[Image: 522133_641230452570713_1498982980_n.jpg]

[Image: 65600_641230469237378_1273343859_n.jpg]
[signature]
doesn't it smell beautiful! Good job!
[signature]
nice job man,i never knew that you were aloud to fish from shore there.I will have to give it a try.
[signature]
Nice work, Syn. Thanks for posting.
[signature]
Nice. Got to love that jig head setup. Next time get some Shad spray and keep making cast about every 15 mins. The more time the bait is falling thru the water leves the more chance a Striper will find it.

Here is a preview (not to steal your post) of my jig head and 6# Ande line on Saturday. Just shy of 6 pounds

[inline 100_0088.JPG]
[signature]