Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
april showers bring river flowers
yep, river flowers is fish, salmon, suckers and others are headed to a swellen river near you.

its that time to get out and fire up the smokers.

boil down the last of yer maple sap in to syrup.

Life is grand if you are fishing michigan rivers this weekend. [Wink]
[signature]
Anything in the Clinton river haven't been out for a while?
[signature]
I dont know of any one who is getting out. When I was on the ice the guys were talking about going, I havent heard from them since.

maybe I will run in to them on the river this comming week.
[signature]
sounds good hope to hear from you hoping these rains raise the waters by alot this year it was low for a few years now
[signature]
river being high is an understatement, well at least for grandrapids.

I have been looking at the news from over that way, my spot is well to put it bluntly is under water, so far under water I would have to walk down 3 flights of stars to get to my spot from the top of the water.

the news shows the water above the windows at the collage there in town. I usualy stand on the base of the river and go out quite a bit before I hit water.

rumors has it that salmon like to swim in schools, maybe that is why the fish are congragated in front of the collage window spittin stones.[angelic]
[signature]
I forgot to mention, I did get my license and got out on the river last week to see if I could land a sucker or two. No Such Luck, I eather missed them or they have not come in yet.

maybe I will think about the trout opener this weekend. dont know yet, I would realy like to catch me a couple suckers to smoke.
[signature]
I didn't make the Omer opener for suckers but the Au Sable has been picking up quite a bit. I went for Stealhead and ended up with more suckers and Walleye than I wanted to catch . You should have seen the other guys eyes every time I put the fish back in , priceless !
One guy was sure that I had a secret bait I was using on the walleye, he couldn't belive flies cought them .
Well, here's the proof .
[signature]
sweet. I might give that a try this summer.

Here is the trout I promiced, I included a marker from where I was fishing. [:p]

[url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/photos/showphoto.php/photo/17752/cat/838"][Image: DSCN1753.JPG][/url]
[signature]