Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
first to float the berry?
theres a little bit of open water at strawberry. on my way home today from some place i stuck my toon in at the ladders and floated it for about an hour. caught one small cutt, was i the first?
[signature]
You beat me! But sounds like Ill be going up soon [Tongue] Do you have any pics?
[signature]
not of strawberry sorry. if i were to make a guess i would say that the open water extends maybe 170 yards from the last bit of concrete out towards the lake, and maybe 35 to 55 yards wide... thats a guesstimate. I saw spots of open water all voer with a bigger piece near the strawberry river. i did see 2 trucks pulled over fishing a bit of open water to the west of the ladders. the wind was out of control crazy nasty so i figure it should not be long
[signature]
I saw people ice fishing it Friday. I'm sure your the first lol there's hardly any open water. Maybe a hundred to 200 feet open on the north end.
[signature]
Tell the berry too melt faster next time you see her again please. [cool]
[signature]
Right On Zack. It will have to be after next weekend for me as I will be at the I.F. Fly Tying Expo next weekend. Keep up the reports, please.
[signature]
I fished a bit of open water last wed, caught a nice fat 20" bow on a streamer I used in AK. That was it for that day as the wind was out of control. Then Sat we went back up and got skunked. Tried by the ladders, and where co op and the Strawberry river come in. TONS of open water over there, had some hits but the wind and white out made for a easy decision to leave. I think it needs some warmer days to get the fish to move in shallow.
[signature]