Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
abu garcia pro max combo vs. Bass pro shop por qualifier combo
title speaks for it self
im going to be mostly shore lake fishing for bass and wanted to know, since both of these combos are the same price, which one is a better choice in cast distance,drag and overall built and durability?[laugh]
[signature]
I have had better luck with Bass Pro brands.
[signature]
I have one of the Abu Garcia "Silvermax" Combo's and it's one of the best combo's I've ever owned. The magnetic brake and tension make casting smooth and easy, I can even cast 20-30 feet directly into 10-15 mph winds and not even get a backlash with it. When retrieving a lure there is complete silence and it is ultra smooth. The rod is 6'6" medium action and I can feel even the tiniest strike on it.

This setup is main now and I use it for jigging, spinnerbaits, crankbaits, soft plastics and even topwater with no problems.

I like the Bass Pro Shop products also, but when it comes to a rod or reel I prefer to go with Abu Garcia when I can.

Ultimately it's up to you. Go to the store and handle each of them and see which feels best to you. That's probably the best idea for you before you decide. I'm sure they both are quality combo's and you won't go wrong with either you choose.
[signature]
I went fishing today with my Abu Garcia Silver Max combo and made a video. The winds where 30 mph with gusts over 40mph and I didn't backlash once.

I really love the Silvermax combo and the one you are thinking of buying is even better than the one I own.
[signature]