Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ambassadeur 5000
Hi...anyone here is owns a Abu AmbasSadeur 5000 reel?...the vintage red ones from 1960s-70s?...just wondering if there are any ABU 5000 fans here in this forum...but anyway...I have a question...when oiling up your reel...in the worm gear part on the level wind...do you use OIL or GREASE?....I usually use oil...but my friend uses Grease...so which is it?....to me grease would totally hinder the casting distance since on the ABU 5000 the level wind moves as line is going out....
[signature]

Hey there BC,

Welcome! Proud to have you on the site and on the California board.

It just so happens I have a red one bought me in 60 or 61 for my birthday. I still have it in the brown leather case with the breakdown tool, other stuff in a capslule and the little tube of grease that came with it!

That's my story and I'm stickin' to it!

Again welcome,

JapanRon
[signature]
Hey there BC, Welcome back. Long time no read. How's the fishing been lately? good to see you back on the boards.
[signature]
Hi Guys...I havent been out in a long time...I did spent some time cleaning up and tuning up my tackle...lol...Have been wanting to go to Castaic but didnt get a chance yet...anyway...in the mean time I'll just read you guys' fishin reports...
[signature]
Hey BC, anytime you want to go to Castaic, just give me a holler. I am going this saturday with my son. We are going in the float tubes to tryout my new fishfinder. You are more than welcome to join us if you can make it.
[signature]