Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
new to the forum
[left][/left]
hows it going!! I have 2 boats. a 12 foot john boat I put in small creeks and a tracker guide 14 we use for lakes. I love to fish with my kids, even though I don't get to fish much. we mainly fish creeks and lakes around perry county pa. don't come out with monster 5-10 pounders but we do ok. was looking for a place to talk about fishing and share our catches. [/b]
[/left]
[signature]
[cool]Welcome to BFT! Fishing with family is great. My kids love to go as well as my wife (mamatrout).

I see that you have found the PA board. Here is a link to the freshwater boards as well.

[url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/forum/gforum.cgi?category=70"]http://www.bigfishtackle.com/forum/gforum.cgi?category=70[/url]
[signature]
Welcome to the site SM25, what kind of fish do you catch in your local lakes?
WH2
[signature]
Welcome aboard...Get the kids fishing early!

Im also new here, from Michigan and chafe at the bitt when winter gets long in the tooth.
[signature]
@SP25 albinotrout says Baseball!!! I remember sitting in the front of my grandfathers row boat listening to Earnie Harwell broadcast the only Baseball team that matters. Rule of fishing was to never talk while the game was on...Caught lots of fish - GO TIGERS!
[signature]
[Smile]
[signature]
Albino, who is your favorite Baseball team?
[signature]
Don't get too upset but it's the Angels. [cool]
[signature]
They're a good team...As long as its not the Yankees, Baltimore or Boston then its all good...[Wink]
[signature]
[Tongue]my son likes Boston, my wife like the sox, my daughter likes the angels. Both kids playing ball this year, they are on the giants and Yankees.
[signature]
[left]Thanks wh2, mainly large and small mouth bass. Thinking about starting to go for some muskie, but the kids get board just trolling. I take my older 2 to the lakes (small lakes) the closest big lake is over 2.5 hours away. and my younger 2 to the creeks.
[/left]
[signature]
[left]Thanks albinotrout, me and the kids go all the time. My wife only goes out for my birthday though. I gotta work on that!!
[/left]
[signature]
thanks, and I 2nd that winter went forever this year.
[signature]
Yea, I hear ya, it is hard to keep kids happy while fishing unless a lot of catching is going on. When my kids were young, I took them out when the pan fish catching was on, they did not care what size, just that they were catching fish. Myself, I'm with you, I'd rather troll, it is just more relaxing, just kicking back with no worry other, than not getting run over by some water skier or getting too close to someone else that is fishing[Wink].
[signature]
Im going out tonight. Tot he rocks south of holtwood dam. Casting Perch Rapalas around the points for walleye and musky. People say that musky are a tough fish to catch...I say bah - they have never done it then. Cast a Daredevil 3/4 or 1 ounce in red and white or 5 of diamonds with brass back and wait for the strike. another lure if the jointed Pikey Minnow about 7" long....you just have to gear up for them. I make my own stick baits from 3/4" oak dowel from home depot. Seal prime and paint add 3 trebbles and a sheet tin lip from soup cans and they do awesome
[signature]
[font "Times New Roman"][size 3][/size][/font]
[size 3][font "Calibri"]Welcome to the site. There is a lot of information and a lot of opinions available on BigfishTackle. I have only been a sponsor for a short timeand have already met a lot of great guys and gals.
Good luck and enjoy the site. Ron[/font][/size]
[font "Times New Roman"][size 3][/size][/font]
[signature]
Wow, you make your own lures for those toothy beast, awesome. We have a Lure & Jig making board you might be interested in, here is a link to it: [url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/forum/gforum.cgi?forum=128"]http://www.bigfishtackle.com/forum/gforum.cgi?forum=128[/url]
Hope you do well tonight.
I'm going to move this post to the PA board so hopefully some local anglers will see this t6hread and respond. Please post a report there if you feel like sharing it, thanks.
WH2
[signature]