Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mahi Fishing Fort Lauderdale Happy Day Today
[font "Times New Roman"][size 3][/size][/font]
[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]Fishing Fort Lauderdale on Happy Day Today with Capt. Zsak[/size][/font]
[font "Times New Roman"][size 3] [/size][/font]
[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]Mike Comerford from Rhode Island,along with his son, Mike, Jr., and 12 year old daughter, Brianna, planned adeep sea fishing charter in Fort Lauderdale, FL aboardthe Happy Day Today with the Topshotfishing team. We had blue skies, variable winds out of theeast at 5 mph, a typical beautiful South Floridaday. [/size][/font]
[size 3][font "Times New Roman"]With a fifteen minute journey out to the fishing grounds,lines were in the water at the sea buoy in Fort Lauderdale, FL., in 120 ft ofwater less than 2 miles from shore. Ifyou venture out another ¼ of a mile, it would put you at 500 ft. of water dueto the extreme drop off we have close to shore. We started off trolling with two plainers down, one with a 2 ½ bluereflector drone spoon and the other with a double hook Mullet strip with achartreuse sea witch in front. Forsurface baits, we went with four Ballyhoos and a daisy chain teaser. [/font][/size]
[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]On our way out, Mike mentioned he was a charter boat captainin Rhode Island– his largest Blue Fin Tuna this year was 998 lb, a great accomplishment.[/size][/font]
[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]I headed north towards one of our 34 artificial wreckslocated in Fort Lauderdale, FL in 190 ft. of water. On our way, our first strike came on our deepplainer rod. As ladies go first, Briannawas our first angler, and she reeled in a nice size Kingfish. Mike, Jr. and Brianna took turns catchingmore Kingfish. As I approached theartificial wreck, I could see a school of bait fish on the surface, a goodindication that predators would not be far behind. I made a pass by the artificial wreck, andour two top lines came down – Mike Jr. and Brianna were the anglers and caughttwo Bonitos. I kept circling the wreck,winding up with a total of 6 Bonitos. From there, I could see a color change and rip forming, a good place toset up a kite with live bait. We put outtwo kites and two live Goggle Eyes from each kite. While waiting for the fish to appear, Mikeand I talked about the charter boat business – the way of life for a charterboat captain. A splash appeared on theleft long as the fish grabbed the live bait, taking off and exiting the water –a Mahi Mahi. Brianna was the angler andshowed her expertise by bringing in a nice 10 lb Mahi Mahi – her father wasvery proud. [/size][/font]
[size 3][font "Times New Roman"]Everyone had a good time, but it was time to head back tothe dock at Bahia Mar 801 Seabreeze Blvd. Fort Lauderdale 33316. [/font][/size]
[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]For a successful and adventurous deep seafishing charter Fort Lauderdale FL for Sailfish, Shark, Bonito,Mackerel, Swordfish, Snapper, Wahoo, Tuna, Mahi Mahi and Grouper contactCaptain Zsak. - 954-309-7457 or email us at [/size][/font][url "mailto:tzsak@bellshouth.net"][font "Times New Roman"][#0000ff][size 3]tzsak@bellshouth.net[/size][/#0000ff][/font][/url][size 3][font "Times New Roman"] Website: [/font][/size][url "http://www.topshotfishing.com/"][font "Times New Roman"][#0000ff][size 3]www.topshotfishing.com[/size][/#0000ff][/font][/url][size 3][font "Times New Roman"]. [/font][/size]
[signature]