Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Beginner Problems With Spinning Reel
Hey Y'all,
I just picked up my first spinning reel two days ago, late to the game i know, but for half the day yesterday I had no problems casting and was casting about 30 to 35 feet. Now when I flip the bail the line doesn't drop at all and when I cast it will either drop about 3 feet in front of me if i cast overhead or 4 feet to the side if I sidecast. I respooled it last night (it unspools counter clockwise) with Berkley Triline XL Smooth Casting in 8lb test (.010" line diameter). I'm pretty sure it isn't over spooled because the reel is rated for 230 yards of 8lb line. The problem was there before i changed line i just changed hoping it would help. I get some small line twists on the reel that i take care of immediately. I'm at a loss so I decided to ask here. Also the rod is just a shakespear catch more fish bass combo.
[signature]
Sounds like your line might be on the spool too tight. Try striping some off, reel it back on then cast, if that helps it go farther take the line off then reel it back on. I use the same type of line.
[signature]