Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Southern Catfish Over-Nighter
Well, Coyote and the other "Yanks" inspired me. I think us southern folks need to get together and pull an all nighter and show them how its done. [Image: happy.gif]

I'm thinking Utah Lake, but I'd be open to the Jordan or even a different place, if anyone knows of a good one for the Cats. We could do it this Friday or Saturday (3rd or 4th), but I'm thinking the next weekend would probably work better (May 10th or 11th) just so that we can have more time to get it together.

Friday or Saturday works for me, but I'm guessing most would probably prefer Friday, so as not to make them late for church or what have you. Anybody would certainly be welcome.

Anyways I'm just kind of spit balling. Let me know what you guys think and hopefully we can get something together.[fishin]
[signature]
I would be good to go but I have 18 days for my boat to dry for the mussels in powell .its killing me .
[signature]
That's alright. I'm thinking we'd probably just be fishing from shore anyways. I'd be more than happy to take a spot on someones boat though...[Image: happy.gif]
[signature]
I'd be game for a trip next weekend I don't know any honey holes but have been able to find a few kitties and have some places in mind id like to try. I have a 14' boat that should have an empty seat we could take out as long as it's a calm night.
[signature]
I would be game for the 10th or 11th. Id say i would be up for going this weekend but i promised the wife id stay in this weekend. Apparently i go fishin too much (I didnt know there was such a thing) haha
[signature]
You have a warped concept of "Southern".

I'll be spending an evening on the Colorado River upstream from Moab next weekend. I'll keep you posted how the southern fishing is.

Joking aside, best of luck and wish I could attend. Hope you guys get into them.
[signature]
Sorry, I'll have caught all the catfish in the lake by the 10th.[Wink]

Actually I'd be game for the 3-4th. Sounds fun. I'll bring a bag of chubs.
[signature]
I would like to join in on this... I'll bring my boat as well. and my secret bait....
[fishin]
[signature]
That would be great. I was thinking we would just fish from shore, but if we could get a few people willing to bring their boats and let others ride with them that would be awesome.
[signature]
Can you get a 'treatment' for that? Don't know where or if they've got decontamination stations.

Yeah that "line" isn't exactly halfway across the state. Didn't help last year anyway. Don't seem to have much participation from waaaay down south, but we could consider adding a new line next year if folks think - I hear Powell has a couple of cats.

I think I'm in for a few more night ventures - whether afloat or from shore, or some long lost island after a 3hr tour. Who knows!
Im in this weekend or next or both. I think I can pile 3 or 4 into my boat if were all just bait fishing. Theres not really anywhere on that lake I cant get to if I try hard enough. I have lights and travel that lake quite a bit in the dark.
[signature]
Sounds like it should end up being a solid trip gentlemen. How many people could you get in your boat Tom?
[signature]
Good luck guys we have had a lot of fun pulling a flotilla together. Great time to learn from fellow BFTers and make some new friends. Hope it goes well later J
[signature]
This is sounding like its gonna be a great time. Just let me know when you guys wanna do it
[signature]
I think I will go down this weekend and get some carp and fish from shore, next weekend is mothers day and the wife wants to go camping. Id rather go fishing but you know how that is. If you guys go lets plan another trip soon.
[signature]
any decisions yet? this weekend or next and whos in.
[signature]
I'm up for either. I didn't realize next weekend was mothers day. You guys want to go this weekend?
[signature]
I forgot about mothers day too. I'm good with goin this weekend. Friday or Saturday?
[signature]
My vote is for Saturday. I could make it Friday, but I work til 6 and live in Salt Lake. What do you guys think?
[signature]
I'm down, Saturday works for me. As in Saturday night thru Sunday Morning? Will chip in for gas and bring plenty of bait - sounds like fun!