Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wilderness Air
A group of us are heading to Campfire Lake with Wilderness Air in September and wanted to see if anyone has any info on that lake. Can't find a map for it so I got on google earth and got the GPS coordinates for about all the rock piles I could see and programmed my gps with them. How is Wilderness Air to fly with? And their outposts? Thanks for your help, Mike.
[signature]
I went in June of 2012 to Campfire Lake. We had 4 guys and was there 5 days. Everyone thought it was the best fishing they ever had. We caught at least 250-300 walleye and 30-40 to northern pike(2 over 38") most over 30". The walleye weren't huge mostly 15 to 20 inches but were easy to find. There is a company that produces maps and they contacted me last year. They have a map for Campfire and they have paper maps for $9.95 and waterproof maps for $14.95. They are a company out of Manitoba but have maps for all of Canada. The toll free number is 877-627-7226 or you can contact them at [url "mailto:Mariette.Allen@gov.mb.ca"]Mariette.Allen@gov.mb.ca[/url] You will be very happy with Wilderness Air, really nice cabins and boats/motors. If you need any other info on the lake you can email me @Hunteye@aol.com and I can give you a tip that will be EXTREMELY helpful that I receive from a guide prior to our trip. It was a real difference maker! I'm going back on June 6th to another lake with Wilderness Air again.
[signature]
Any help would be greatly appreciated, I programmed my Garmin with all the GPS coordinates of all the rock piles and shelves I could find. Sent the map company a email. Hope to hear from you soon, Mike.
[signature]