Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Utah Lake over-nighter
Well, me and Zburninator met up with Utmuddguy down at Khunis ditch in Springville at about 7:15 p.m. Daniel C had already picked up Rednekfisher. We wanted to try to get down to Lincoln beach, but it was decently breezy and the lake was a little too choppy to get down there, so we found a decent little spot in the reeds in Mud Lake.

The fishing wasn't bad, wasn't great. Me, Muddguy and his dog Dollar were on his boat. Rednek and Zburn were on Daniels boat. It seemed like they were flopping a mud cat across the top of the water about every 10 minutes. I'm not sure what everyone was using, or what kind of rig they were set up with, so hopefully they'll chime in.

I was just drifting shrimp on one line and shrimp and worm on my other line, no weight or anything. I hooked up with a big channel after about an hour or two, after a decent fight, I got him close to the boat, but he took off under the boat and snapped my line. Probably another hour and a half later I hooked on to another big one, luckily landed this one and took some pictues. Of course the 2 big ones I had on, had to tangle on to my Wal Mart special rod with 6 lb. test instead of my 12 lb. test line.[Image: happy.gif]

Other than that, I caught one mudder and Muddguy caught several mudders as well. I think Daniel C caught another good sized channel and took a picture.

All in all it was a fun trip. Good to get out and relax on the lake with some good guys. Thanks again for bringing the boats gentlemen, it made the trip. Go ahead and add to the report as well.
[signature]
Great night boys. I got off to a great start first fish was a healthy 27 1/2 channel caught him on WB under a bobber. After the release I caught one on my other pole using the same method. I caught 4 in the first 2 hours. as soon as it got dark it slowed way down. I caught one more channel and many mudders on shrimp . All my channels were released and caught on WB under bobbers. 3:05 we called it a night. Lets do it again.
[signature]
Daniel -- Hate to do this to ya.... went out to Linccoln Beach with my gson ths .a.m. and he caught this one that beats your 27 1/2 incher by a good half inch. Got it entered in the contest.

BLK
[signature]
Haha, good looking color on that one. I think you deserve double points. Did you guys catch anything else?
[signature]
Best we could do on the cats was a few 18 to 22 inchers. Fun watching the kid fight that 28 incher. Caught it on a crawler. Good supply of cat bait now.

Carsen is planning to enter the fish in the bonus carp section of the contest. The carp are still doing their carp-cluster thing now. as I am sure you noticed too, and do not appear to be in full love mode. I did notice a couple of archery guys in the reeds but not sure if they got any action. Soon.

Glad you guys had a good time. I won't miss the next go.

BLK

[signature]
I had a great time, it was a fun night with great fishing (not so great catching) and great company. It took me a while to get my skunk off, and ended up with a mudder and carp both released, the carp was given standard special treatment before released. Congrats on your new personal best catfish McFisherson. We need to do this again.
[signature]
I had an awesome time out with you guys. Didn't catch the toad I was looking for but still had a great time. We need to plan another trip out soon. If i can I may head out this weeked to see if I can find some white bass for out next outing.
Oh thanks again Daniel and mudguy for supplying the boats, that made the trip!
[signature]
No way im mad about that keep them entrys coming. Nice job!
[signature]