Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Hook
<br>Ice Fishing Tip #9<br><br><B>What is the hook? </B><br>In my opinion the hook is whatever it is that’s keeps you going back to that favorite fishing hole or traveling to new and un-chartered waters. A hook can be the amazement of walking on waters that you would otherwise need a boat to get to. Being that it might be the clean crisp air cleansing your lungs with every breath. I wonder if it is the view of winter in all its glory, snow flying covering every thing with its pristine yet glittery ice crystals, sparkling in the sun light so bright you are blinded by its brilliance. Or maybe, just maybe it is the serenity, felt deep within the soul that calms your inner being to a plane of utter peace. Or it is the rewards of catching and eating fish, fresh from the icy cold waters.<br><br>Be that it is an old friend or an ice skating pond of your youth, or riding over the rollers in the oceans, dodging freighters in the shipping lanes on the waters of the great lakes, chasing fish in the rivers with a fly rod, or maybe setting on the riverbank at night waiting for that bell to ring, fishing will always be a part of all of us.<br><br>Though many of my favorite child hood fishing holes have been bulldozed, destroyed and turned into peoples back yards, parking lots, and worst of all, golf courses fishing will always be my first calling. As the old saying goes, “If you follow me, I will make you a fisherman.” <br><br>Whatever the hook is, once hooked, fishing will be in your blood calling you every time you see the first snowflake, or that first robin in the spring, or the first summer rain beating against the windows at work or school. Knowing that just around the corner a new fishing seasons is about to begin. <br><br>I don’t know about you, I’m hooked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!<br>If your not, then get hooked. You’ll live longer.<br>Grab a pole a friend and some bait get out there and make some life long memories. [Wink][Wink] <br><br><B>Fishing our one true love.[blush] Happy Valentines Day [cool]</B><br><br><br>[cool] “Don’t forget to wiggle your jig.” davetclown