Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gorge
I got invited to fish the Gorge with a friend on Sat., since I haven't got my boat over there yet it seemed like a nice chance to catch a koke or two. We fished just out of Buckboard in the Big bend area. The water temp was 44 when we started and stayed there all day. We started fishing at 20ft. catching some kokes but a lot of pup macs. After releasing a fish I let out my line and while putting the line in the downrigger release, I had a hard hit and hooked up with a koke. After that we started fishing at 7to 10 feet and caught kokes and no more Macs. The kokes were mostly 1 1/2 to 2 1/2 lbs. we did catch one that was 3 lbs. but for the most part the large ones eluded us We were using Kokanee Creek flashers and pink and white kokanee spinners, and pink squids. It was a nice day with no wind 'til around 3 P.M. Had my first fresh Koke dinner Sun. great eat'in. No pics this time.
[signature]
Nicely done Gary!
[signature]
How was the wind on Saturday ?? I was going to hit it last weekend, but the wind forecast looked bad. Congrats on catching some kokes.
[signature]
We fished Sat., and the wind didn't start 'til about 3
[signature]
Thanks for the report Gary, that was the news I had been hoping to hear. I've wanted to try a spring trip this year and hearing the Kokes are starting to hit in numbers sounds like fun. Now the hard part of finding time when I can get away. Thanks for the great report. J
[signature]
gona take a couple grand kids over on the anvil side what are the limits for th e kids and is the mussel permit good for the year thanks.
[signature]
I'm planning on heading up Sunday to drop the boat off, but plan on fishing for a few hours while there.
Looks like ill have to try some deep & some more shallow fishing
[signature]
The mussel sticker is an annual sticker, however, they may want to inspect your boat when you enter the state. I noticed a inspection station at Buckboard. I'm not sure if there are any more or not. As for the limit, 4 trout, only 3 can be Kokanee. I don't know about kids, check the regulations.
[signature]