Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BIG Hyrum Brown
What a morning we had at Hyrum. It was my grandpa, my dad, my daughter and I. Four generations out fishing. This day started out like any other. We were trolling around trying to find where the fish were schooled up. We had caught a few smaller rainbows and then the big one hit. It was my dad’s pole. He was trolling with a pop gear and worm. Nothing special. This fish hit his line and the reel went a screaming. We knew he had something big. He took his time in getting the monster in. When he finally got him to the boat I couldn't believe the size of the fish. I wondered if he was going to fit in the net. He came right in and we landed him in the boat. We were all so excited to see a fish of this size. I have heard rumors of big brown in Hyrum but until now we haven't seen anything like this. He was hooked deep and the gills were bleeding pretty badly so we couldn't let him go. It couldn’t have happened to a better person than my dad. He has defiantly put in the time to deserve a fish like this. the fish weight out at 10 lbs and 26 inches long.
[signature]
Wow beautiful brown. Congrats on a fantastic fish
[signature]
Awesome!

beautiful fish! You need to get that put on your father's wall along with a photo of all of you in it!
[signature]
Very cool!
[signature]
Great fish - congrats.
[signature]
Sweet fish....Couldn't have happened to a better guy. Your dad deserves it.
[signature]
Thanks for the story that's a beauty and the perfect setting for a family legend. Nice job and thanks for sharing the story. I had one hit in that same area last trip that I thought was a snag it peeled line off so fast, but I was on my cell phone and missed it. It's nice to see there's big fish still in that pond. Well done. Later J
[signature]
That is a real nice Brown. Thanks for sharing.
[signature]
That is a great story. Glad to see someone you know actually being at the right place at the right time. Not only can he rebuild a transmission or call a foul on you, but he can nail a nice brown also. Way to go.
[signature]
What a fatty! Nicely done. Did you check what was in its stomach by chance?
[signature]
Fantastic catch. Congrats!
[signature]
Holy cow! That's a great brown, congratulations to your Dad.

It's even better that there were multiple generations present to witness such an event.

Very nice fish.
[signature]
Nice trout!

Those big browns are few and far between these days, and I'm glad you got one of those big ones. Sure beats those little planter 'bows in there. Great job.
[signature]
[quote PBH]Awesome!

beautiful fish! You need to get that put on your father's wall along with a photo of all of you in it![/quote]

I think you're right - it does look big enough they COULD all fit in it! That's a trophy fish. Not as big as the one pulled out of first dam a few years ago, but right up there for sure.

Now where was it when I was ice fishing that lake! Get a girth? That things a hog. Now I know where all the perch went! Thanks for sharing. A plain ol' worm. Goodness! Were you deep?
Awesome fish. I keep telling my dad he needs to fish that place more, cause you never know when you'll catch one like that.

Good job. Should make a beautiful mount.
[signature]
Great fish! "It came right in" you say? Short fight? Must of been full of Rainbow or Perch smolts..To full to move.
Did you notice what the beast had in its belly? So rare to catch a big one.
I have caught a few large Browns at Hyrum, while ice fishing. Released them though. Would like to hear what they are eating.
[signature]
Nice Fish ......Congrats to your Dad.
I love how all four generations got to be in on such a great Memory making moment.
Thanks for Sharing.
[signature]
Way cool! Nice J!
[signature]
Oh for sure it is eating one particular item 90% of the time.......rainbows. That seems to be the main forage fish in hyrum these years. Predator fish are super fat there. Well I take that back......those little tiger trout are delish too at 6in.....lol. Watched them get nailed by the lmb one day it was fun to see.
[signature]
What a slug. Congrats and thanks for sharing the fish of a lifetime.

Gaetz
[signature]