Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
cleaning of rod and reel
Hi guys, I recently treated myself to a tyrnos 30 wide and was wondering what would be the best way to clean it after a day of fishing... Would it be smart to dunk it in a bucket of warm water after tightening the drag or just spray it with the water hose? Thanks!
[signature]
Sorry, I've no idea what a tyrnos 30 wide is but if you have only used it once you don't need to clean it. Were you fishing in Saltwater or Freshwater? If you were fishing in Saltwater, your bucket method might be an idea but for freshwater fishing that would not really help. The only time I clean my freshwater reels is when they start having problems reeling in. The only way to do a good job cleaning a reel is to take it apart, use a cleaning agent to get the dirt and grime off, them put a light lube back on the gears and a few drops of oil on the handle or other parts that move. Welcome to the site.
[signature]
I agree. If you do use it for salt, just hit it with a hose at the end of the day.
[signature]
Thanks!
[signature]
Thanks!
[signature]
When I lived on the coast and fished salt water alot I used to rinse the reels off after every trip then break them down and wash in mild dish soap and relube twice a year. I'd say more often if their used on the beach because of the fine sand tha t gets into them. Sounds like a lot but gear costs money and a little time and effort SOB so I don't like paying for something twice. [Wink]
[signature]