Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rainy day activities
With the rain today I decided to pull out the vise. Tied up a few clousers to chase bass with. Not bad for a first try no?

Oops pic didn't post I'll try again.
[signature]
Well that depends... Lets see some pics!
[signature]
Sorry thought it attached here it is.
[signature]
Those are some good lookin flies you got there. Please forgive me for being a beginner here....but what type of material did you use for the body?
[signature]
280 deniers thread wrapped around hook then I tied the eyes on, dabbed some head cement then tied on bucks tail (white), added crystal flash under hook, then tied second color of buck tail to under side of hook. That's it, nice and easy.[cool]
[signature]
What hooks did you use? They look good too!
[signature]
Thanks! The hooks I used for these are dai-riki #930 size 2/0. The only box of this size at the fly shop I went to. Size 2 is a good size too. I also picked up some umpqua size 4 to try out. Both hooks have a straight eye.
[signature]
Very nice! I need to learn these and chase some bass this summer... Solid looking flies!
[signature]
Very nice. Check these hooks out, and there is 25 count
http://www.allenflyfishing.com/sw002-saltwater/
[signature]
Thanks. These are really easy to tie. Here is another batch that I just finished.
[signature]
Saltwater hooks. That's what I'm using.[cool]
[signature]
I know, but look at the price. I love SW hooks. No rust.
[signature]
What are the hook lengths? The ones I am using say standard length.
[signature]
I can't swear to it but I am betting the SW002 are the same.
[signature]
I'm pretty sure a bass would love to go on a date with one or all of those minnows.
[signature]
Oh yeah![Smile] now I just gotta get out and try them out. Tuesday will be my first chance. Now where to go? Huntington north, UL, or DC?
[signature]
[quote albinotrout]280 deniers thread wrapped around hook then I tied the eyes on, dabbed some head cement then tied on bucks tail (white), added crystal flash under hook, then tied second color of buck tail to under side of hook. That's it, nice and easy.[cool][/quote]

Thanks for all the information......I have a project in the "design" stage. Really like this fly, gona have to tie one of my own!

[Image: IMG_7963_zps04f1c047.jpg]
[signature]
I will be heading up east canyon soon an I will tell you how the bass play when I get back [Wink]o
[signature]
Looks good[cool]
[signature]
[Smile][Smile][Smile]
[signature]