Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stream Fishing Wild Trout with Float and Fly - Video
Hey guys last weekend my dad and I headed up to the mountains to find some wild trout to catch. I tried fishing areas of a stream I've never fished before and things turned out really well. I was using a float with a couple of nymphs on it and hooked up on quite a few fish. My dad was using a mini jig and seemed to catch more than me although I did catch all the wild brown trout and he didn't catch any. The streams up there are beautiful right now with all the new growth. Some guys were fishing with worms, left their container afloat and 6 or 7 trout afloat as well. Pretty Sad that guys have to use bait to catch these fish when they have no intention of keeping them. Leave the bait at home, artificial lures work great too. I made a video from the trip and if you haven't used a float and flies before you may want to check it out. Turn your spinning real into a small stream fly presenting machine. I know it doesn't beat a fly rod, but that's ok.

Sorry, video not embeding. Check out the video on The Fishing Doctor's Adventures on YouTube if you want to see it.

Calicanuck
[signature]