Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Au Sable River steelhead report
Dandylions in first bloom , steelhead on the Au Sable. That's something I noticed over the years and it still holds true.
I hit the river around 10 this morning , left at 6 P.M. , I'm pretty suire I would still be fishing but I took in too much sun today , legs were cramping and my arms were sore from fighting the chromers. Lots of flies used until I found the right one , fish are going to hit what they want not what you think they want.
Got a whole bunch of small ones when I started.[inline DSCF2981a.jpg]
Once I found the fly they wanted I cought 11 of these , a couple of them were back to back hits in the same spot.
[inline DSCF2990a.jpg]
10 of the fish went back in , got some spawn curing for the fall run now, I'm happy Smile .
[signature]
good deal. never heard of the dandylyon bloom thing, must work up there, we have been mowing our lyons down now for more than a month.

The catfish are still jumping at night. it is a sight to hear.

no sign of morells, been another dry may. we got 5 min of rain this morning, we can breath again for a couple minuts. Lots of pollen in the air, you can see if floating in the air at night with your head lamp. almost like a yellow fog.