Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pontoon Mods
Been working on a few modifications to my 9' Bucks Bags Pontoon. Hoping to have them all done for our trip to Henrys this weekend. Working on adding a fish finder, arm rests, rod holder, and a way to hold the excess rope from my anchor. Pics to follow soon.
[signature]
My anchor rope is held by a spool from the hardware store that once held rope or chain or something. I went in and asked if they had any empty ones and they brought one out for me.
[signature]
We use one of these
http://www.globalindustrial.com/p/tools/...QgodbhkArg

It fits easy in the side bags.

Look forward to the mods. Just try to refrain from drilling any holes in the frame.
[signature]
The pvc Saddle clamps work well for adding racks etc..
[signature]
[quote cpierce]The pvc Saddle clamps work well for adding racks etc..[/quote]

I second this motion on the Saddle clamps. I am currently working on one for my new fly rod and the Saddle clamp is going to come in real handy.[cool]
[signature]
Don't know what you guys mean by a Saddle clamp.
[signature]
Try this. This is the new holder I just built today. They are great because they can be moved to different locations if the first doesn't work out.

[inline "DSCN1799 - 400.jpg"]
[signature]
Here is one at HD. I just did a quick google of Saddle clamp.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Orbit-3-4-in-...Zu9H5wl9u0
[signature]
Picked up one of these at Sportsman's Warehouse for $6. Added some foam floats so if it goes overboard, it might reappear, and carabiners to quickly connect to a D-ring on the 'toon.

I only lost 3 sets of anchors and ropes last summer. Hopefully I've learned from the school of hard knocks.

[inline "Rope Winder.jpg"]

[inline Anchor.JPG]
[signature]
Yea, we have one of those as well but it didn't fit in the bag. I do like the handles on that one. We use just chains for the anchor or the cylinder ones.
[signature]
Nice, I like the idea.
[signature]