Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oneida narrows Land
46 acres with over 40 acres of old growth Douglas Fir. A standing fire wood business with great building sites and views of the Oneida Dam and the lake off three or four miles away. The timber is worth way more than the asking price of $1200 per acre. And million dollar views.
Randy Thompsen
Blackfoot, Idaho. 208-709-7022
Or pm me here to go see the property.
[signature]
I am lowering the price of this great piece of land to $1000 per acre. This has to be seen to be appreciated. Drive in on your own road to a great building or firewood staging spot. Build you a tree house with a swinging bridge you can drive to. Other great tree house spots using one huge giant Douglas Fir or four and more smaller ones. This is about two miles above the Bear River. Land owners meeting March 15 in SLC.
[signature]
Sounds like very nice piece of land. I'm unclear from your post, is there a building on the land or a road going into the land or would one need to be cut? Any pics of the land?
[signature]
This is in the Bear River Ranches land division. It has a road that is maintained by the association (cost is $300 per year). My property is up on top about two miles. I have my own road that goes a couple thousand feet in to a bare ridge with flat building spots you can drive to. The Ranch road also goes down the side of my property( fairly steep) The Timber is on the north facing slope below the bare ridge and faces Oneida Res. dam. I lost all my pictures when my computer crashed and will get some more soon as I can get back up there.
[signature]
Great, how much are the taxes per year?
[signature]
The taxes are $94 per year. If you were to build a cabin they of course would go up. But a Tree House isn't considered a permanent structure. Have you seen the new Treehouse shows on TV by a guy named Peter Nelson? I have been a fan and have had 3 books by him for over 10 years. I just have never found the time to build, and now I want to build on my jungle lot in Tulum, Mexico. It will be part Treehouse using the giant jungle trees.
[signature]
Is that $94 per acre per year or $94 for all 40 acres per year?
Yes, I have seen some of the shows on TV about tree houses. It would be a cool way to build a cabin but with no experience at building them, that might be a tough learning curb. Did you ever try doing a test on the soil to see if a septic tank could be put in there? I think it is called a perk test. How close is the land to power?
[signature]
I haven't had a perk test done, however there is a few cabins in and I'm sure they had them. $94 for the 46 acres per year. I think one cabin has power ran to it but it is over a mile away from my lot.
[signature]
Is there any other yearly fees other than the property tax and the maintained fee for the association?
Have you ever checked to find out what the average depth is for drinkable water in that area? I know some areas where you would need to drill 100 ft while others it could be 1000 ft.
[signature]
No other fees. There is at least 1 well up there. The one with the power. I can't remember the depth of his well. My well here in Blackfoot with pump and controller was under $10,000. But I think you would have to drill a lot deeper up there. I can find out how deep his well is at the landowners meeting in Salt Lake the 15th of March. If anybody is serious about this land they could meet me there and meet our Landowners board of directors. And find out anything new like how is the proposed new dam situation. They still haven't officially gave up the ghost yet. I haven't even been up to my property in over two years.
[signature]
How many land owners are in the Landowners Ass? What is this proposed new dam situation that you speak of?
[signature]
I think there are 62 total lots that range from 5 acres up. Some own more than one lot. there are only a couple as big or bigger than mine. I was one of the first to buy. As soon as I seen those giant Douglas Fir I knew I wanted it. Douglas Fir is what 2x4s,2x6s,2x8s etc. are made from. The average Doug Fir is worth over $500 at the mill. And the big old growth ones $1000. But you can't get a Semi truck all the way up to my lot and the land owners ass. would make me pay for any damage to the road that equipment would make. You can get a pickup with a 16' trailer up there. That is why I say a firewood business and not a logging. These trees are thick. 100s or 1000 per acre some as big as 6' thick at base.
[signature]
Just wanted to say thanks wiperhunter2 for your questions about the land. It helps me tell way more about it. I can't believe I haven't had any interest but yours. I need to sale this piece to pay off a balloon payment of $30,000 that is due in December. I would contemplate offers all the way down to that.
[signature]
Do you have Lat and Long for the site? We would like to locate it on Google Earth. thanks
[signature]
Like they say location, location, location. If it were anywhere on the snake river between Swan Falls and Wieser I would buy it almost sight un seen. Ron
[signature]
Ron you crack me up. I would like to meet you as two of my favorite things are chucker hunting and catfishing. I have a great bird dog and lots of peasant land to hunt. But since I moved here from Utah I haven't caught a cat or seen a Chucker.

I will get Google downloaded and get those Lat and Long numbers for my property.
[signature]
Chukar hunting is starting to get better and catfishing is amazing you just have to drive. Ron
[signature]
Wow. I am amazed at how much better google earth is now than it was on my last computer. I didn't dwell to long to try to go down into the trees but from what I seen I might not have quite as many trees as I thought I had. It didn't look it, but some are 6 and 7 feet across and 100" high. OK it is roughly a triangle. I can't figure out how to do the degree sigh right now. (Tired) I will use *.
Starting just before you take off the Ranch road onto my road/trail 42*14'43" N 111*46'53" W. Now across past the Limestone mine with some gorgeous rock and a great flat building spot and over down the bare ridge to SE tri corner. 42*14'44" N 111*46'34.76" and down keeping the hump of the ridge to your left to the bottom of the triangle around 42*15'00.84" N 111*46'29.33" W The bottom line actually goes from one side of that small North facing ridge line across west to that bottom ravine where there is a road that goes all the way back up the west triangular side back to the start. This small road gives you access to trees all the way up. I hope that makes sense. You need google earth to decipher this. lol
[signature]
Thanks, Google Earth shows it nicely. As you said, looks like good trees on your ridge.
[signature]
I must have put the cords in wrong because it came up somewhere in the middle east. How did you input the cords?
[signature]