Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Payson canyon fly fishing?
Does anyone know how the fly fishing is up Payson canyon? I have only been up to Payson lakes about 2 times and it was before I was into fly fishing. I need some good fishing spots close to my house.
[signature]
Was it good fishing the 2 times you were there? Pretty much anything you can catch on bait or spinners, you can catch with a fly.
[signature]
It's been like 17 years since I was at payson lakes. And I don't remember if there were any rivers/streams to toss some flies into.
[signature]
I go up there every summer and all the lakes youe good throwing your standard flies; buggers, adams and renegades. Payson Lake is the best in my opinion but the first one is decent in the fall and in the early mornings in the summer. Never had any luck at the middle lake.
[signature]
I've also seen some brookies and bows in Peeteneet Creek up ther e too. Just need to find the right pool or riffle.
[signature]
Where's that creek located in payson canyon? Tried googling it and nothing really comes up

Thanks in advance
[signature]
Right next to the main road as you drive up the canyon. Can't miss it.
[signature]
Yeah you follow it for a good ways up the canyon.
[signature]
This might help with the creek. http://www.utahfishinginfo.com/utahriver...tcreek.php
[signature]
That creek was a lot nicer fishing stream before McClellan (the middle lake) dam broke and released a flood of water down the canyon -- many moons ago.
[signature]