Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sail Fishing Fort Lauderdale Happy Day Today
[font "Times New Roman"][size 3][/size][/font]
[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]Fishing Fort Lauderdale on Happy Day Today with Capt. Zsak[/size][/font]
[font "Times New Roman"][size 3] [/size][/font]
[size 3][font "Times New Roman"]John Murphy chartered the Happy Day Today along with theTopshotfishing team to do some deep sea sport fishing. John is a good client of mine havingchartered us in the past years over 20 times; this time he brought along twoguests, Lee Wix and Tom Larson from CSX Transportation. With typical commerce weather here in Fort Lauderdale, FL,winds were out of the east at 7 mph, blues skies and seas running 2-3 ft. [/font][/size]
[size 3][font "Times New Roman"]Our plans were to do some trolling and then go into some kitfishing. After purchasing a dozen live Goggles Eyes, we headed towards the seabuoy in Fort Lauderdale, FL which sits in 120 ft. of water, 1.8 milesfrom shore. If you go off another ¼ of amile, the depth would be 500 ft. We puttwo plainers out, one with a pink and blue sea witch and the other with a blueand white sea witch, both with double hooked Bonito strips. For surface baits, we went with fourBallyhoos. Five minutes into trollinggoing by the sea buoy in Fort Lauderdale,our first strike was on the plainer. Theline screamed off the reel as we were hooked up on a Sailfish two hundred yardsbehind the boat. Ironically, the samescenario happened the day before on the plainer, producing a Sailfish. Tom wasour angler and he brought the Sailfish to the side of the boat; pictures weretaken and the Sailfish was released. [/font][/size]
[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]With a strong north current, I headed south towards one ofthe 34 artificial wrecks located in Fort Lauderdale catching Bonitos and Tunas. I put out two kites with four live GoggleEyes from each kite. As we were sittingthere waiting for the black shadow to make his appearance, I was thinking ofthe two Sailfish that we caught on the plainer, one the day before and onetoday, so I told Jackson, our mate, to put out a live Goggle Eye with a 3 oz.spin-on-lead, and we put it down 45 ft. Ten minutes later, the rod was bent over and a Sailfish came out jumping20 feet from the boat, thrashing his body from side to side as he tail-walkedaway from the boat at a high rate of speed. I brought in both kites as quickly as possible in order to retrieve someof the line from the reel since I could see that there was very little lineleft. Thirty minutes later Lee brought the Sailfish to the side of the boat;pictures were taken and the Sailfish was released.[/size][/font]
[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]With happy Smiles on all three anglers’ face, it was time tohead back to the dock at Bahia Mar 801 Seabreeze Blvd. Fort Lauderdale 33316.[/size][/font]
[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]For a successful and adventurous deep seafishing charter Fort Lauderdale FL for Sailfish, Shark, Bonito,Mackerel, Swordfish, Snapper, Wahoo, Tuna, Mahi Mahi and Grouper contactCaptain Zsak. - 954-309-7457 or email us at [/size][/font][url "mailto:tzsak@bellshouth.net"][font "Times New Roman"][#0000ff][size 3]tzsak@bellshouth.net[/size][/#0000ff][/font][/url][size 3][font "Times New Roman"] Website: [/font][/size][url "http://www.topshotfishing.com/"][font "Times New Roman"][#0000ff][size 3]www.topshotfishing.com[/size][/#0000ff][/font][/url][size 3][font "Times New Roman"]. [/font][/size]
[signature]