Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fish Lake Bank Fishing
I'm going to be near Fish Lake in the next week or so on business and would like to swing by to fish with my son. Never fished this body of water. Is there decent bank fishing where a seven year old could catch some fish? We don't have time to drag the boat down from Salt Lake. I know that is the preferred method to get out over or beyond the weed lines, but logistically this trip that won't work.
[signature]
it will be tough from shore, but I think you can rent a boat from the marina for fairly cheep, or you can catch perch off the dock with a worm all day.
[signature]
The mouth of Twin Creeks by Fishlake Lodge has some OK bank fishing. Get there early to secure a good spot though. There are some regulars that like to homestead the best spots, which seem to be one or two places near both sides of the inlet.
[signature]
the problem with fishing from shore at Fish Lake is the weed bed. There are very few areas (Twin Creeks) where there is actually "open" water to cast and reel from shore. The mouths of the boat marina's can be OK as well, but boat traffic could be an issue.

I wouldn't discourage you from giving it a shot from anywhere that you can. If you get discouraged, you have other options -- Koosharem is just down the hill, and it sounds like there are some pigs in there right now...
[signature]
All I fish is from the shore never had a boat and catch lots and lots of Splake this is a Splake cought from shore on memorial weekend
[signature]
wormslayer -- as posted by tl23life, fishing from shore, especially at night in the spring, is a VERY popular thing. The splake and lake trout both will cruise the shallows in search of spawning suckers. There are a couple popular areas for this:
1. Pelican Point. You have a lot of shallow area that has no weeds until you get to about 5 feet deep (100 yards out from shore). Great spot for night fishing
2. The bathrooms - overflow camping area on southern end of lake. Again, you have some shallow area that is weedless.
3. Mallard Bay -- Another spot where shallows create a weedless area to fish from shore. This is accessible by 4x4 road.

Good luck. Hopefully you can get into some fish.
[signature]
Thanks for the info. From looking at the map it looks like there are a number of good spots in the area: Mill Meadow, Forsyth and Johnsonville are right there too.
[signature]