Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
pro gear pacifica
what do you think about this reel being used with 40#????

joe
[signature]

Hey there DH_tubinjoe,

Are you talkin' about the Graphite Series? The 3500 looks pretty cool (30#/450). Price ain't too bad for a reel nowdays.

Haven't heard a thing mostly because of all the chatter about the shimano reels! Personally, I'd stick with the two or three reels most discussed on a certian board you know well. If I had the cash!!!!

JapanRon
[signature]
well....on allcoast they have talked about the pg pacificas quite a bit. i just dont know if 40# on it is an ok size.
i would post on that board too, but like i have said before, it wont let me. if any of you guys ARE able to post on allcoast, could you ask my question for me??? thanks guys.

joe
[signature]
you have a pacifica? Ive heard only bad things about those reels. Don't drop it, the side plates are known for cracking easily... Also you know anyone that wants one of those shimano TLD star 15/30's? Im going to buy that and a Pro Gear ALbacore Special as a package deal and Im getting rid of the 15/30.

Ohh ya, happy belated b day, we'll have to take your dumbazz on the rowboats at el do to teach you how to fish the cat fish!

Aaron
[signature]
wow.... harsh![Wink]

thanks alot PAL! haha...

im trading my daiwa prcaster that i use for floattubing for it and a black steal rod rated for 30-50#.

joe
[signature]
Hi Joe

I have a pacifica and I fish 40 Izor and I fish it all summer with NO problems mostly Jig fishing, it casts cleanly and the drag is smooth . It is a 5 to 1 but I didn't notice the high gear straining under heavy load, the only thing that I didn't like was that it is a bear to take apart and clean Joe , You got to remember that Pro Gear was one of the Inventors along with Newell, in Jigmaster beefing-up, Shameano and Damwia are just copies of Newell and Pro Gear [sly]
[signature]
what series is your pro gear???

joe
[signature]
Which Black steel? I want either the Ulua Black steel or the sd8 or the 2708h

I have the 196-8, want to go tubing tomorrow? Satruday? I hear Alamitos was going off last week halibut wise...

Aaron
[signature]
dude we got like a 13 pound halibut today on the boat. i was supposed to go tube irvine lake with chris oakes, but the wind was supposivly howling up there, so we decided not to.

i work on saturdays! you know that! were you out today on the victory???

the rod is a G6470-7'. good 40# rod.

joe
[signature]

Hi there Guest,

Did you just not sign in or is that your board naem. If it your board name, we haven't heard from you for a while. Where ya been and what's been your best fishin' day for the last week or so?

Grafighters gotta be great stiks. I'm not much of a tuna angler but the L's and M's would sure do a good job on the big yellows at somewhere like the Farnsworth and Channel Island WSB too I'll bet.

Don't be a stranger if you have been. ha ha

JapanRon
[signature]
i dont know yet. im going to get an 800M from moimie. and uh....

oh yea...JP that "guest" is aaron.

joe
[signature]