Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Clouser time again
After spending some time on pineview this last week I found my stash of clousers a little low. So time to pull the vise out again.
[signature]
Low? Are you giving them away?[Wink]
[signature]
Seems that way, the fish kept stealing them they liked em so much.[Tongue]
[signature]
Tell them you want them back! LOL I am lucking out. Had to replace very few this year. Mostly my Carp Egg as they mutilate it after about 6 to 10 Carp.

That big box I tied up is like a library, what goes out, must come back or be replaced. Much easier that way.
[signature]
So true! It's a good thing my Saturdays are spent in Colorado so I have time to tie.
[signature]
Tomorrow after my fishing trip I shall post up a few of the great woolly buggers I've made and a fail at scud pattern. The scud took a big U turn and turned into something random. [cool]

I'm supprised that my first woolly bugger or first fly look like one that you buy at a shop but modified with a few tweaks and turns.

So stocked to make ELK HAIR CADDIS just fill up a box just with EHC soon [Wink]
[signature]
I don't have my bugger box with me or I would show you my creations.
[signature]
Clouser is one of those flies I don't fish. I don't like tying them and don't like casting them.

Do you have just a ton of success with clousers? What color combos do you use the most?
[signature]
I find they are easy to tie. I have used chartreuse/white and olive/white and gotten hits and follows.
[signature]
I am with you on the casting end. Easy enough to tie, but one mistake or a gust and a clip of the rod. The is is wait to see "when" it will break[Wink] Why I don't like sink tips either[Smile] But can get use to them and the fact they sink super fast.
There are some waters however, that it is either clouser or no fish. Nice roll cast[Wink]
But we do use that Type VII that clousers any fly...LOL
[signature]
Sadly I haven't even caught a fish on one of those guys yet but still trying.....[Sad]
[signature]
It was nice the first time I fished with it that I could sight fish. Interesting to see how the action was with different retrieves.
[signature]
clousers are the bomb

and they work well from shore as well

what the hell, im having an issue embedding these 2 images so here

http://i1228.photobucket.com/albums/ee44.../wiper.jpg

http://i1228.photobucket.com/albums/ee44...iper-1.jpg
[signature]
Nice fish thanks for sharing.
[signature]
Off to the Gorge on Friday to hopefully hook up some Bows' on Cicada's but I hear the Bass are getting pretty active....so...
[signature]
Ha ha ha looks like a big minnow party for the bass.[Wink]
[signature]
Wow that's a lot of clousers. Looks like you're all set for some fun.
[signature]