Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ladies Tournament On Floridas East Coast June 8
Your time has come again! It's the Third Annual Lighthouse Ladies KDW (Kingfish, Dolphin/Mahi, Wahoo) Tournament on June 8th from 7:30 am until 3:30 pm with weigh-in ending at 4:30. Two convenient locations at the JIB Club in Jupiter and Sailfish Marina in Lake Worth Inlet.

This is a fun tournament with lots of time set aside for parties and with great prizes. First prize in each category is $1,000 cash plus $1,000 in sponsor products. . And back again, StingRay Tackle's signature ¡Que Bonito! award for the largest Bonito over 10 pounds. You can learn all the tournament details at http://lighthousefishing.com/

WHERE'S THE PARTY?

So you don't want to fish but love to party? You're in luck! Come to the Captains and Anglers' meeting on Thursday the 6th at the new Shipwreck Bar and Grille in Jupiter or the Tournament Award party Saturday night at The Jupiter Civic Center; with the rockin' sounds of the Samantha Russell Band.

NO BOAT? NO TACKLE? NO PROBLEM!

You say you want to enter the tournament, but don't have a boat? No problem! Several charter skippers have donated boats for the tournament. Just send an email to debbie@stingraytackle.com or give Debbie a call at (561) 743-7724 and she will hook you up.

WHATS THE CAUSE?

This is where I get a little more serious than usual. The Lighthouse Ladies Tournament is special to me. When my blind sister who lives in Miami told me that the Lighthouse for the Blind of the Palm Beaches faces challenges raising money, as do many non-profits, I contacted the Lighthouse and we started this tournament to raise money and awareness of the Lighthouse's mission.

The first tournament was held in 2011, and since then, every penny raised during the Lighthouse tournaments has gone to the Lighthouse for the Blind of the Palm Beaches. Last year , our friend, marine artist Carey Chen joined the tournament as spokesman and contributor, and we raised $ 10,000.

Since I started having problems with my own vision, I learned a lot about the Lighthouse mission. The Lighthouse for the Blind of the Palm Beaches is a fully accredited, nonprofit agency for helping people with vision loss. It serves thousands of people and their families in our area and has been doing so since 1946. Except for low vision services, no fees are charged, and services are funded almost entirely by charitable support.

The great lady, Helen Keller, who was both deaf and blind once said, "There is no better way to thank God for your sight than by giving a helping hand to someone in the dark." This is our chance to shine a little light on those who live in the dark, while having fun in our Florida sun. So come on down. Shake my hand and say hello. Us guys can hoist a beer or two while our ladies are out there catching fish, or we can crew while they fish, then hoist a couple of brews later in the day.

If you are an out of towner, a StingRay vendor, or unable to make the tournament or its festivities, consider a donation to this great cause. For more information and to register, visit www.lighthousefishing.com. For more information on the Lighthouse for the Blind of the Palm Beaches,, visit www.lighthousepalmbeaches.org.

Thank you in advance for your support

Ray Lorenzo

President<br />
StingRay Brands