Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FISHING THE BEACHES
Has anyone had any luck yet fishing Boulder beach?
[signature]
I do well at Boulder harbor from shore, but as far as boulder beach goes, I find it very shallow and snaggy. but if u are able to get out in a tube or similar floating device there are a few people who get into some good stripers from just off the shore. just gotta get past the shallows. [fishon]
[signature]
We have a boat and do well there after June 1st but haven't seen any posts on the fishing there yet this year.
[signature]
We will give you an update after this weekends tournament. The beach should be in full swing for the night bite. Heard of 40 fish per trip, still a little slow.

Look for 60-80 foot of water and bring lots of chum. (they like corn)
This time last year we were into 200+ fish weekends per boat.

Heads up, tonight is the monthly Striper Club meeting.
7pm at Bass Pro Shop, up stairs in the old fine gun room.
[signature]
Thanks we usually find them in 45-55 feet. We were catching 100 a night last year staring June 1.
[signature]
Well we fished the beaches Saturday night with no joy. Catfish hunter caught 1 channel cat about 2lbs. A few more strikes but that's it. we left at 2am. A buddy of ours had a audio book on his iphone about zombie dooms day we all listened to it and fell asleep. Been a while since I had a bed time story read to me. I wonder If I could get the wife to read to me at night on a regular basis lol. Anyway fishing sucked. We take plenty of bait and all different flavors. Shrimp seems
to be the best this year for catfish and striper not much luck with the sardines yet. Please someone tell me why I have to fight, kick and scratch at 2 in the morning on the dock at Boulder harbor to get from my boat to my truck. Seems every saturday night there are 15 to 20 people camped out on the boat dock.They won't move so you can get by and act like they can't understand you when you ask them to move so you can dock your boat. It's very frustrating on a night when trying to get home.

Take care and good luck fishing.
[signature]
My fishing experience Saturday evening was about the same, though I'm not sure I know what I'm doing. I've never had a double digit fish night since I first started fishing Mead about 9 months ago. The best I've done was 6 stripers on a December night. A 20+ fish outing sounds like a glorious and tantalizing pipe dream that I'd love to take part in.

I got on the water at Boulder Harbor about 3:00pm Saturday and went over by Hole 33 trying a crank bait for a little bit with no action. Then tried netting some bait up near the wash with no success. Moved onto anchoring and fishing with cut anchovies and sardines between Goverment Wash and Hole 33. Had one bite that didn't hook up because I think my hook was too small for the size of bait I had on. Then tried trolling or drifting around that area out past Sand (not an) Island. Gave up about 10:30 and headed over to the Boulder Beach area. Anchored a bit west of some other boats fishing in that area and tried fishing cut sardines and anchovies until giving up with no action around 1:30am.

Oh well... that's why it's called fishing and not catching.

One of these days I hope to get into some of that fast action for stripers I've seen mention of in prior posts.
[signature]
You left too early the bite went wide open about 3am.
Guys in 55-60 ft of water only got about 15 fish.

(Friday nite)We were in 35 ft and got 40+ in the cooler, missed more than ge hooked. Only 3 catfish.
All fish were stuffed with little crawfish.

(Saturday Nite) Other NSC members got over 100 fish in the boat.

Bait of choice was anchovy and not so much on the sardines.
[signature]
That figures day late and a dollar short . Oh well maybe next week. At least someone caught some fish. Were there any big ones caught?
[signature]
[inline "Mike ODonnell.JPG"]
[signature]
Good grief! I don't know if I could stay awake that late. As I was getting off at boulder harbor around 1:30 someone was launching their pontoon boat. Might have to try that and get some zzzz's in the afternoon before.
[signature]