Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fishing Northern WI.
I'm returning to my home state the end of June for a week at my Dad's cabin near Drummond. I haven't been back there fishing since 2003. I was wondering how the fishing is with the late spring you had back there? My wife and I will mainly be targeting the largemouth and smallmouth bass along with some good crappie or bluegill fishing. I'm not so much after the walleye as our spring has been dynamite for the walleye here in Utah. I also booked a charter boat out of Bayfield to take dad out after some lakers on 2 July hopefully we can get into a few of those as he loves to fish for them. Looking fwd to some good old WI. beer and froglegs.[fishin]
[signature]
Talked to my Dad yesterday after the opening of Bass season in his area, he said the bass bite was great but the mosquitos damn near carried him off, he had to fish with a headnet. I guess the late wet spring has produced a bunch of the pesky critters. He kept one bass for supper and turned the rest loose.
[signature]
I guess people in Wis. aren't interested in posting on their site much. The wife and I just got back from spending seven days at Dad's cabin in Northern WI. and had a great time. Caught a lot of largemouth bass along with a few decent walleye and some smallmouth. Weather was great and the mosquitos were tolerable once you got away from shore. We had our best luck on leeches and the wacky worms in various colors. We did book a trip with Capt. Dave of Dave's Fishing Charters out of Bayfield, we caught a quite a few Lake trout with one splake and a coho thrown in. Capt. Dave had a lot of enjoyable stories to listen to. He has his boat up for sale and I sure would have like to have brought it back to Utah to fish Flaming Gorge for the big Macs and kokanee salmon there. I never did find a place that served frog legs, maybe next trip. But the ice cold beer on tap was good. [fishin]
[signature]
How odd two guy from Wisconsin, living in Utah are the ones posting on the Wisconsin board....Utah has less bars, that may be difference....
[signature]
and now a 3rd guy from Utah lookin in on the wisco board cause i used to fish there all the time .....good luck on your trip packfan!
[signature]