Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TIBBLE FORK
Fluorocarbon tippets can be pretty strong. However I'll tie on a size 10 tungsted bh nymph even when using a 2 wt rod. I don't buy into that you need a certain line and rod weight to fish various size flies until you get to extremes. However I can only fish that way down to size 6x tippet. Once I hit 7x I'm losing flies if I try to fish that way.
[signature]
[quote riverdog]Fluorocarbon tippets can be pretty strong. However I'll tie on a size 10 tungsted bh nymph even when using a 2 wt rod. I don't buy into that you need a certain line and rod weight to fish various size flies until you get to extremes. However I can only fish that way down to size 6x tippet. Once I hit 7x I'm losing flies if I try to fish that way.[/quote]

+1 & If Nymphing a 4X
[signature]
I nymph with 6x occasionally. I guess with streamers ( at least the small ones) down to 5x. I don't fling any microflies smaller than size 20. If your casting a size 32 wouldn't a size 8 tippet work? Just asking as I never tried it.
[signature]
Never go smaller than 6X, even with #32. Fluoro though.
[signature]
I will tell you my fav spot! It's on the southe side you gotta hike a bit but use small nymphs or some caddis drys you will catch bow and browns up there!
[signature]