Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gorge report 6/13-6/14
Left Thurs. at 4 pm, on the water at 7 pm for a little evening fishing, dropped in at Sheep Creek and ran past Hideout into one of the little coves, caught a few small bass and bows' for a few hours, headed back to the marina and slept in the boat.

Friday morning on the water at 0530, ran to Jarvies to look for lakers since the lake was calm, found some but they were tight lipped, headed into one of the coves and tied a Chartreuse and White Clouser up and started nailing the Smallies on the fly rod, casting to shore and stripping back produced fish almost every cast (not a big bass fisherman but I do like fly rodding them) I tied up a Root Beer colored tube jig tipped with worm and threw it out the back if the boat for trout.

So the day went like this, no WIND, find the coves throw in the jig, cast the shore with fly rod, drop fly rod, reel in a Bow, throw jig back out catch a Bass on the fly rod, repeat this all day long while my buddy and his son threw crank baits and jigs from the front of the boat catching Bass and Bows' about as fast as I was. I lost track of the fish count in the first hour!! No real size to the Bass or Bows' but it was hand over fist all day!!!

Fished from Jarvies back to Sheep Creek hitting coves and Rock slides as we went, another great time on the Gorge!!
[signature]