Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fish Lake Fun 6/15
My wife and I were at a family reunion at FL this weekend and decided to rent a little boat for the afternoon and give the fishing a try. She was using a trolling setup with lead core line and I had a spinning setup with six pound test line. The goal was to catch a lake trout. We trolled the east shore from one until seven and caught a bunch of fish. We both were using crankbaits behind a one ounce sinker. I had a four inch perch colored rapala minnow and she chose a bill dance shad style diver that was a little bigger. I couldn't keep the rainbows off and get down below them. After about a dozen of those I put my pole away so she wouldn't have to reel in so often. She didn't dissapoint, and caught a mack, a splake, and a brown on her chosen lure. We had a great time and she had those bigger fish figured out. She would let out 110 feet of marked line and that was the sweet spot. We ran out of daylight but would have caught more once she found the zone. It was a great time and she absolutely loved it.
[Image: DD310EB2-B136-4AA0-933A-E6129E99E635-781...15606d.jpg]
[Image: FC7051C8-0384-429B-A461-D58E86DDD8AC-817...1fe9a4.jpg]
[Image: 37D2D121-B10F-4179-9294-918792EDC287-817...f89c47.jpg]
[signature]
Those are all very nice fish nice job.
[signature]
Outrageously fantastic!
[signature]
Wow that's an impressive catch in any boat let alone a rental. Great job!! Later J
[signature]
Very nice! I have been up there many times and never caught fish that big. Thanks for sharing!
[signature]
Awesome, epic, outstanding!!!

The last 2 pictures are well worthy of a wall in your house.

Thanks for sharing those shots with all of us on BFT.

Keep them coming! Looking forward to more.
[signature]
made a little video of the trip........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNgSl71srJI
[signature]
Great video... great wife...

You're a lucky man!
[signature]